1,418 results
All reviews department store greta garbo art deco style flower market concert hall beautiful hotel central location cocktail bar nice bar location is great junior suite amazing breakfast without windows shopping area business trip arlanda express small room
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I stayed at the Haymarket hotel for a work trip and was beyond happy with the service and the ambiance of the hotel. It is in a very convenient location and even if you don't get much time off, you can enjoy the bar and restaurant and feel right at home... At a very hip home though :)
The only thing not ideal was the little stairs up and down inside the corridors and how it was a bit difficult to find your room the first time. Maybe that's because it used to be a department store (where Greta Garbo used to work, no less!).
Definitely would stay there again, and I hope soon, as Stockholm is stunning!

Room Tip: Trendy, hip bar and restaurant
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We ended up booking this hotel last minute as our Airbnb let us down (side note: this happened a lot to us in Scandinavia...). Once we'd accepted a bill of £400 for three nights, this hotel met our needs best on paper and we booked a room with window. It is indeed very cheeky that hotels can even have rooms without windows, let alone charge more for being able to get fresh air in a room. The price included breakfast.

We'd read some other reviews about some rooms not having a very nice view, but we were lucky and faced the square outside with the market stalls. In the snow, this was really quite interesting and we were pleased. We found the styling of the room fantastic and as spacious as any other hotel we've stayed in. The bathroom was up a slightly precarious step and there was an overlap of doors between the wardrobe and bathroom, which was slightly irritating as they were forever clacking about. The bed was large (another issue people seem to bring up in Stockholm) and we slept well on the soft mattress. The bedding was of good enough quality, but we weren't a fan of the black and white cushions and matching bed spread that obviously aren't washed between visits. They were soiled and really quite grubby - yuck.

The bathroom was very stylish and we enjoyed the tile in the shower in particular. The toiletries provided were nice although a couple of ours had already run out when we arrived. We didn't think much of the shower pressure - it's a very grand shower with more style than substance as it still took a very long time to rinse shampoo out of long hair, for example.

The breakfast was really superb and despite some skeptical reviews, we thought it was fantastic value for money and you could eat almost any breakfast food imaginable. One criticism of this area is that it gets very busy later in the morning and guests seem to have to share tables - not something that we enjoyed. The waiter in our area said "are these seats taken?" not... "do you mind if another random couple you've never met before sit on a table of four with you?".

The hotel is very hip and well decorated - there is music (live in the bar sometimes, too!) and there's a definite buzz about the place. It's certainly trendy and the bar is ALWAYS full of people having a drink after work, with the restaurant full throughout the day. The entrance is grand and I have to say that no other hotel we walked past had the same appeal.

We'd really recommend this hotel for value for money and experience - you could pay the same for a white box but the haymarket offers something a little bit different and is extremely well located. The breakfast is simply superb and if it were possible we'd rate it 4.5 rather than 4. It doesn't quite make a 5 for us but it's really very good.

Room Tip: Definitely pay for a window
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCRX
Reviewed 9 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in the heart of Stockholm. It's very trendy and hip, so a lot of local people visit the bar and restaurant as well. The room I had was very small, I hardly had space on either side of the bed, which is not what I had booked. The bathroom was good and clean, with walk-in shower. My disappointment was fed by not getting the room I ordered and total chaos at check out. They couldn't find me in the system and we agreed they would fix it afterwards and left them with my credit card details. I got several (angry and anxious) calls from the hotel in the next two days and they left a few voice mails, that the credit card information wasn't correct - they bloody scanned it! - and I had not paid! It's been resolved after 3 days, but what a mess

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
HaymarketScandic, Kundansvarig at Haymarket by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear JW S,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us at Haymarket. I am really sorry to read that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. We do have a wide variety of rooms with various layouts and should have had the possibility to change the room if it was not to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear about your check out experience. This is not our normal procedure and I will personally look at what could have gone wrong in regards to your booking.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and experience Haymarket like most of our guests do.

Kind Regards