1,343 results
All reviews master johan lilla torg old town boutique hotel home away from home excellent location quiet room very nice hotel living room big room inner city recommend this hotel business room great breakfast street noise no air conditioning central location
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very recomendable - great location in the center. Kind and very effective service. The rooms are beautiful, very comfortable and public areas and hotel in general is amazing stylish in great design all the way through.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hedda W, Guest Relations Manager at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Rasmus! I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us!!! Come back soon!
Best regards // Hedda Mood & Service Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Super location, large room with the best bed and softest carpet!
Modern and fun decoration in the bar and rooms. An Easter offer made the prize really reasonable. Only minus was that the breakfast area was really packed.
If I am going to Malmø for a short stay agin, I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Hedda W, Guest Relations Manager at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Oh hello you! Isn't the carpet the best? It's my personal favorite as well!! Come back soon and snag a early table during the breakfast for the ultimate experience Best // Hedda Mood & Service Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Within easy walking distance from Malmo station in the heart of the city. First impressions are that it is very dark and unwelcoming but get past the ‘dark’ bar and reception desk and it opens on to a wonderful garden atrium where we enjoyed a varied and excellent buffet breakfast and our room was light, spacious and quiet. For a central Malmo hotel, it was good value for money. We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018

Hi! I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful stay! We try our best to make MJ's a space for everyone to enjoy. Some like it dark and some like it light, so I'm excited to hear that you found what you in particular like about us. Come back soon!!!!
Best // Hedda Mood & Service Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here during a long weekend in Malmö before Xmas. Instead of Scandic which we always use when in Malmö this time we were persuaded by a deal at the hotel - through Oresundsbron. In the deal we were promised the linens and towels would be Kenzo, that it was a unique luxury experience in general to stat at this hotel and so forth. Om hotels homepage it even stated that there were Bang & Olufsen tv’s in the upgraded rooms we had booked. We stayed in room 516, amd the disappointment was major when we realizeded the duvets and linens were plain hotel no brand labels and quality, the tv was a basic LG flatscreen and the interior of the rooms very bland - and a far cry from the luxurious image pictures on the hotels home page!!! We even had to take two different lifts and go through winding corridors to reach our room. And when we went to use the sauna - surprisingly - it had just gone out of service and we couldnt use it we were told by staff!! Nothing luxurious about this hotel I am afraid - at least not with the room we were given. Then to the breakfast experience.... the setting for the breakfast is a lovely atrium which is probably the nicest feature of the hotel. But the food - with the exception of the coffee - was very very bland for a hotel trying to profile itself like they are. I found nothing organic on the buffet whatsoever - not even meat from free range animals or similar. They had lamb sausages as the only sausage option - and sorry to say - but these had an awful taste to them. We have had out first and last visit to this hotel I am afraid. I find it very hard to believe this is part of the same hotel group as the lovely Ystad Saltsjöbad...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ArvidFalk, Hotelldirektör at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Erik!

It really hurts to read your review and I'm so sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on your stay with us. Six months into the transformation from Hotel Mäster Johan (which the room text was referring too I'm afraid, I don't know where this information was found but we have changed it since). At Mäster Johan there was worn out linen by Kenzo and a B&O from the 90s so we have since changed to new linens and a new TV.
We opened MJ´s in mid september and there is still 16 rooms that have the old rooms, this is stated online and since your visit we have been more specific in text and picture on what rooms are newly refurbished and what are not so thank you for the feedback.
These rooms will be renovated 2018 too.
Regarding the breakfast and food at MJ´s about 80-90% of our selection is organic but we don't write about it - we find it obvious that we should work organic as much as possible but if you would ask on site we can be more specific on these matters. Sorry that you didn't like the lamb sausage.
I can definitely see why you didn't have the best stay at our hotel and would love to get in contact with you because I think that you could have a change of heart if you gave us another try. Please send me an email at arvid@mjs.life and I promise to get back to you ASAP.
We do love Ystad Saltsjöbad and our other sisterhotels Bellora, Pigalle, Steam and Falkenberg and are happy that you do too and we hope that you give us a new chance since your visit before Christmas - a lot has changed since then.

Best Regards, Arvid Falk, Hotel Manager, MJ's

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with a group for a conference. Conference room was ok but not fantastic. The other part of the hotel was fantastic. The lunch, dinner, the bar, the breakfast and the room. Staff was very friendly and the athmosphere was great.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Hedda W, Guest Relations Manager at MJ's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi Lars! I'm so glad that you had such a great experience. We're redoing our conference rooms just now so come back soon and check out the new look! Best regards // Hedda Mood & Service Manager