See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2017

we were there two days before. the service in the hotel is very good. it has free parking places. we had a free dinner as a BW member and welcome package. the room was clean and it was really quiet. the breakfast was ok. I would stay in this hotel for a short trip again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EugenMartel
Reviewed 20 June 2016

This is a nice but simple hotel. They offer to pick you up at the airport (very close) and they will give you a ride to down town Umeå and pick you up when you are done.
I used this service to got my meetings and when I wanted to get back I just called the reception and they send a driver over. It is walking distance to central Umeå on a nice day, they also have bicycles that you can lend. Monday to Thursday there is also a very nice evening buffé, check with the hotel for summer months this might not be included or available. Lots of parking lots. God value for money when traveling for business and you are not looking for nightlife.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2015

The Best Western Hotel Botnia was my choice in September 2015 during a customer visit in Umeå.
I had to pay the record all time high price of 1767 SEK, that equals 209 USD per night.
What a rip-off! For that amount of money you can stay in Manhattan for that amount of money...
But here in Umeå you get a very, very basic room.

Unfortunatelly no upgrade was provided, eventhough I am Best Western Platinum Elite member.

Small and uncomfortable bed, cheapes toiletries from China, budget toilet paper. There was not even a hotel safe provided. No heating provided in the bathroom either.

Unfortunatelly my room was located in a dead spot without WIFI coverage.
Why cant they do a WIFI survey to prevent those kind of things for their guests?

The breakfast was a joke. They provided 2 different kind of cheese and only very dry and aged bread. One jam was provided, thats it.
I really regret to have stayed here. What a desaster.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Stayed one night on a stopover. The room was spotless and comfortable, the breakfast extremely tasty, and service with a smile from the staff. The best bit for me about the hotel was its location next to the river. From the window seat in the restaurant you can see people kayaking past, and the outdoor area has hot tubs and activities for guests to do. I agree with others that it's not cheap, but Umea is a great city with lots to see.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nicely located by the river of Umea and featured with a river sauna. An excellent breakfast buffet, very typical Swedish. Very nice and helpful staff in the entire hotel, we arrived late and departed very early.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family