See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This looks a lovely place - if u like very tiny rooms, but at least my room (n. 10) needs a lot of minor repairs. Shower without courtain, old beds, window's courtain that did not close down, TV with only Swedish channels (altough in the information sheet also BBC had to be available), etc.. Two paintings as decoration, probably worth 5$ each. For breakfast, I had to go to another building, crossing a small courtyard. When temperature is freezing, this could be a good way to wake up very fast!! Breakfast is good, but served in the underground cellar: if you are claustrophobic, better choose another place. - or skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2016

The hotel is small charm hotel. Our room was located in the building, yard. The building was old but renovated. The toilet was retro and the decor had a touch of country. The beds were good to sleep. Breakfast was excellent. The atmosphere was cozy and idyllic. We will come here again for sure. Especially in the summer the courtyard area is certainly beautiful. The hotel is almost in the center and everything is close by. Good and personal service. I recommend.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2015

I was driving through Sweden and Finland to get to the northern part of Norway. Last minute before driving of, I decided to sleep at a hotel along the way and chose Umeå as my destination. Hotell Pilen made it possible to arrive late, something I value. I booked a room and minutes later everything was set. I received an email with instructions.

The hotel itself is small, with different buildings. I stayed in the same building as the reception and breakfast area. My first impression of the hotel was very nice. Its hard to describe but i felt welcome and somehow nostalgic. The hotelrom was small and cozy. Perfect for one night. It was a shared bathroom and toilet in the building i stayed in. That was clean.

Breakfast was served from 6:30. It may be one of the best breakfast I've had at a hotel. They had so much food and beverage to choose between, and there was fresh fruit and waffles!

I didn't get to talk to the staff that much, since I arrived late and left early.

I'm staying here again, but next time I'm brining my husband and we'll stay more than one night.

They have free parking on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

This is a small budget boutique hotel staff I met with very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a reasonable size. I stayed in a single but it had a private bathroom and toilet. Breakfast was good and it less than £50 per night it was good value for money.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Our room was a mix of 70's and contemporary. Although the bathroom was dated it was still clean and tidy with a new shower. The room was also a bit rough around the corners in some ways but charming with good beds and beddings.
They have a very nice breakfast area where they serve a good breakfast with fresh waffles you make yourself. A treat!
It is situated in a quiet street and consists of several smaller buildings that fits nicely with the surrounding, oldish buildings. It's a nice walk into the center of Umeå.
Since we did not book ourselves I can't say anything about cost or the service but I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business