Jamtli is awesome. It's just really, really great.
- They have a huge outdoor section that is basically an entire village. During the summer, the buildings are filled with actors wearing period-fitting clothing performing various activities typical of the time - you'll see people making food, clothes, etc. There's a bunch of farm animals you can pat. Small shops selling cool souvenirs, local foodstuffs, crafts, etc.
- The Christmas market in the winter is amazing. It's similar to the summer in that there will be a bunch of actors wearing period clothing, and you can do a ton of fun activities, like sledding, and on top of that buy mulled wine to sip on as you wander around the various shops and stalls filled with local crafts.
- The indoor museum is made to a very high standard. The whole place is modern and well thought out.
- The café has great lunches.
- Restaurang Hov, a restaurant on the premises, is a pricier establishment with decent food.
- I gotta repeat, the outdoor section is HUUUUUGE, and is really fun for kids. There's tons of stuff to look at and play with. In the dairy house there's all sorts of toys for them to play at being cheesemakers. Cute animals to look at and pat. Several play areas. You can watch sheep getting sheared and help to make wool.
- In the winter, the outdoor section is open for free, and is a nice place to take a walk and look around-.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.