“It doesn't get better!! Ireland by Bike can't be beat!”
Review of Ireland By Bike

Ireland By Bike
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Carrick
More attraction details
Owner description: Ireland by Bike provide bike tours and bike rental in Ireland's beautiful North West Coastal region. We provide the option of high quality hybrid and electric bikes. Our self-guided tours follow well planned routes along mostly quiet backroads, taking you to some of the most beautiful places on earth.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Wow talk about a great trip, great organizing and absolute attention to detail. Seamus of Ireland by Bike has created such incredible cycling trips for all levels of cycling. We did the backroads and beyond 11 day cycling and walking in the Donegal hills. We had everything we needed and support in case any problems were to arise. The B&B's that were chosen for us to stay in were unique and beautiful and the hosts were extremely helpful. It is an experience that will live within us through the years to come. Donegal county is a great cycling destination as the traffic is much less and the roads you often cycle are 1 lane roads in the country yet with beautiful landscapes from hills to oceans. Any questions we had were readily answered by Seamus and any adjustments to the bikes were promptly cared for. An unforgettable travel experience and a company and service beyond compare. DO THIS TRIP if you love cycling. Gael & Marilyn Canada

1  Thank Gael111
"small towns"
"an amazing experience"
"rain gear"

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Seamus arranged a tour for me I could never have arranged for myself. I did the "Backroads & Beyond" tour, which lived up to its name. I spent very little time on main roads, and in fact saw very little traffic, most days. And, when I decided—mid-trip—that I wanted to spend more time hiking in the Glencolmcille area, one phone call to Seamus was all I needed to get the entire second week of my tour re-arranged.

Spectacular country side throughout the south of Co Donegal, solid to excellent accommodations, and constant, excellent support from Seamus and co. I really couldn't ask for more. It really might have been the best trip of my life—and I have the photos to prove it!

2  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Seamus and his wife Nora have arranged an individual nine-day trip through the county Donegal for us. The tour was perfectly organized with demanding, but feasible distances. The quiet roads through a lovely landscape with spectacular views on the coastline made the tour a lasting experience. The B&B's were all very nice and in close distance to town centers. The bikes were well maintained and the directions in the detailed documentation were very reliable. Meeting friendly people every day along the road and in the evenings made our holiday thoroughly enjoyable.

1  Thank B_und_R_60
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A friend and I did the Donegal-Killybegs-Carrick-Ardara-Donegal loop in May 2014, and loved it! Seamus met us at the bus, gave us our bikes and maps for the trip, and went over the details with us. He was always on hand if we needed anything, and even gave us a cell phone to use for the trip in case we needed to reach him. (Which after the hills on the second day, I did, to call him and ask for one of his electric bikes!)

Donegal is absolutely gorgeous, and a great area to see by bike. Most of the time we were on small roads, with very little traffic, and for much of the trip, beautiful coastal views. All of the B&B's Seamus booked for us were very nice, with friendly, helpful owners. Very highly recommend!

1  Thank jmwinoak
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Seamus provided us with excellent routes for our cycling trip though northwest Ireland. We took the remote roads that traveled through beautiful countryside lined with ancient stone walls, dotted with sheep, and the occasional friendly farmer. Ours was the NorthWest Grand Tour which proved to be a fun challenge for us - and we are cyclists at home - that gave us everything we wanted workout-wise and allowed us to see miles and miles of Ireland.
His selection of B&B's was excellent and in general each host was accommodating and helpful. All the b&b's served a delicious breakfast that was filling for 4 hungry cyclists!
We saw more of Ireland than most do - each day's journey was the event, as well as the destination!

2  Thank Meleah C