Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Highlight of our trip

Booked this trip as part of a weekend away for family birthday celebration as we were staying in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sarahsD4720PF
Looking up at the cliffs

I highly recommend this tour. I've seen the cliffs several times from above, but this is a great... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
salennon508
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Carrick
from US$47.96
More Info
from US$507.58
More Info
All reviews great trip sliabh liag local knowledge great captain two hours great value for money great stories his son bucket list life jackets highlight of our trip stunning views sunny day paddy skipper teelin cliffs
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Unreal trip and a true living legend in Paddy Byrne the skipper of the boat too. We had originally planned to go on this trip earlier in the summer when weather was poor. The seas were rough and Paddy gave everyone the choice to go out of the bay at least and we all were chomping at the bit. Even though we were out more than an hour and had availed of Paddys knowledge and fantastic story telling, he insisted in not taking a penny off anyone as we hadn’t had the full experience.
We took our son who is wheelchair bound back the second time which was this weekend and WOW what a trip. The views, the stories, the people and the relaxed vibe had us all talking to each other and finding out each other’s stories also. This is a must for anyone coming anywhere near the area and I would even say to make it your business to come just for the boat trip. We are still buzzing and our wee man was made feel on top of the world by everyone on the boat especially Paddy the captain and the crew.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Lovely trip and enjoyed it very much. Lovely scenery. The boatman was pleasant and the boat was in good condition. Didnt bring swim things but if your hardy bring them and you can go for a swim.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

An excellent experience at the majestic Sliabh Liag cliffs. A small group on the boat (twelve passengers on each of two boats) and good attention to social distancing, sanitising and other Covid precautions. The trip is outdoors on an open deck, so masks were not required. Lifejackets were available to adults and mandatory for children. The trip itself travels quite a distance up the coast to the point at which the cliffs are the highest (600 metres). The weather for our trip was fantastic, with sunshine, blue skies and very little swell. There was an opportunity to go swimming in the Atlantic for those interested. A highly recommended trip.

Reviewed 28 August 2021

I booked this trip for my parents who had really been looking forward to it. Life jackets were not mandatory on board and either were face coverings, which was quite surprising. The captain, Paddy also made a very hurtful comment towards my parents and we will certainly not be recommending his boat trips to any of our family or friends

Date of experience: August 2021
murdocb, Skipper / Owner at Sliabh Liag Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Hi X9613FYdenisen

At the start of every trip we offer lifejacket to everyone on the boats and it is law for children under 16 to wear a P.F.D or a lifejacket but at the moment as far as I am aware it is not compulsory for adults to wear lifejackets on a vessel over 7 meters.

The open air nature of our tours means that face coverings are not mandatory only if someone comes inside the cabin.

As for being hurtful to your parents I certainly did not mean to be hurtful to anyone and if I was I humbly apologise. I am always joking around and maybe I said something they took up wrong but I have or had no intension to hurt anyone and again I apologise if I did.
Paddy

Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent boat trip! The weather was amazing, calm sea and sunny day. Loved the chance to swim in the sea. Paddy has good local knowledge an is an excellent tour guide. 10/10 definitely recommend.