“Need to revisit”

Price range: US$6 - US$11
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our good strong Americano coffees. We usually ask for double shots, but were advised that wouldn't be necessary - quite correct. My husband chose a cheese scone which was excellent, and I just had to choose the scone with jam and cream, which after a long walk went down a treat. What I would like to commend was the attitude of the young staff, who didn't turn a hair when we turned up about 10 minutes before they closed, we hadn't notice the time. We were politely served and didn't feel hurried. Well done. Would happily return to try lunches etc, if in the area again.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We have been to this cafe a few times this year and also a few years ago. The food is really good and the service is great too. We've had breakfasts and lunch and a cream tea too. The cakes look amazing but we sadly never got round to trying them. The pancakes are light and fluffy and the crab sandwiches were lovely. However, I will say that the cooked breakfast options are a little strange with a veggie breakfast of eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast, then a meat breakfast with sausage, bacon, egg and toast. You can then add extras but I think most people would just have everything in one breakfast including the veggie and meat options so not sure why they don't do a full English too. The breakfasts are reasonably low price though so adding a few extras is not really an issue. If you have a big appetite then you are likely to want to add some extras in. I think it is great value for the area but everything is a little more expensive in this part of Devon. I would definitely recommend this cafe for breakfast or lunch plus you can sit outside by the sea in nice weather which is always a bonus.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I'm quite sad to give this place a poor review because I have had a nice cup of tea here before, I'm afraid this time I didn't even stop for a drink, the manager (or man who seemed to be in charge) was so rude to customers and staff that I walked out, I thought at first he was doing some sort of Fawlty Towers skit but it was genuine, fortunately there are other wonderful establishments a few yards away, I can thoroughly recommend the pub and the Boathouse restaurant and we ate in those every day instead.

2  Thank IpswichGrumpyGrampy
nanseaside, Owner at Seabreeze Cafe and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

GrumpyGrampy

I am sorry you appear to have met another Grumpy Grandad at Seabreeze. Can you please tell us in what way he was grumpy, if it was indeed my husband. He is usually a very softly, spoken, gentle man. (Although sometimes a little tongue tied/flustered). But it would be nice to know what occurred for you to form this unflattering opinion of him.

I look forward to some more info from you

Thanks

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I came here the other morning on a very windy day and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. The young girl behind the counter was very friendly and polite.

We ordered our food from inside, which had a great themed sea decor and a quaint little gift shop behind it. It is also a bnb and I am sure the rooms are very nice too!

We sat outside, despite the windy weather to enjoy the sea views and wide spread beach. Our breakfast service was very quick and we were very happy with the food! I had pancakes with bacon, which were probably the best pancakes I have ever had, and the bacon was amazing! My partner had the meat full English and he said the breakfast was probably the best he has ever had. The quality of the local produce was very good!

I really liked it here; the staff, the atmosphere and the food were all fantastic, would highly recommend!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

we return to SeaBreeze. to sit in the sunshine, have a nice meal, a good coffee, and watch the sea) in the sunshine hopefully. We can even take our dog when sitting outside.
See you next year....