“One star Thai worth 3”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner Noerrebro
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I have been to many 1,2 and 3 Michelin star restaurants, but never one with Thai food! What an incredible experience. The food, ambience, staff and every aspect of my meal made it easily worthy of its single star and in my opinion was as good as any 3 star. Not knowing anything about the way the meal unfolds was half the fun, so I won't go into much detail, but suffice it to say it's like (I imagine, since I've not been there) getting off the bus in the middle of Bangkok and just eating your way through town, all in the best restaurants. The pace, and change of pace (again, you have to experience it yourself to understand) are designed to emulate that and it really works. I was a single diner, and the staff thoughtfully put a copy of their spectacular illustrated cookbook on my table to peruse while I awaited each course. A nice touch.

The food is indescribably good, the flavors singing in every way. I admit that I love Thai food, but this is NOT your basic American Thai restaurant-not by a long shot. No heavy overspiced sauces here. The Asian ingredients were fresh and danced on the tongue. The wine pairings (I highly recommend doing this) were impeccable even to a seasoned oenophile. The various ingenious preparations, including one with a humorous homage to the building's prior history, complemented the tastes without being too theatrical.

My two main waiters, Dan and Porsche, were incredibly professional and knowledgeable about the food and the wine. They took extra time to chat with a lonely solitary diner, for which I am grateful, and this only underscores their skills in making the meal a wonderful success. This meal ranks among the very best I have had in my entire life.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Performance and presentation are as much a part of the experience as the great flavours and myriad dishes that fly at you across the course of the taster menu.

The restaurant has a relaxed ambience and is more informal than I expected. Beautiful setting and the journey through the restaurant starting downstairs with 'street food' entries and moving upstairs for the main dishes was an interesting approach.

The dishes were very interesting with wonderful flavours, technically impressive and great presentation, often with a very interactive slant, seeing the dishes created or transformed before your eyes.

Each dish coming in succession, a description of the course was given, but as the restaurant was full and the waiter gently spoken it was often difficult to follow the detail. Perhaps a menu on the table would help ?

The juice pairing was an inventive alternative to wine, although seemed to fall out of sync with the progression of the courses.

The main courses were great, but the desserts were less impressive. Thai restaurants rarely do desserts well however hard they might try. This is just my own personal experience.

I love Thai food and could probably live a happy and simple life on a diet of Pad Thai; although having now experienced Kiin Kiin my expectations have been raised.

Worthy of its high rating and certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We got the menu with wine menu. We had some great corses and fine wines, though some of the wines didn't quite fit the food. Unfortunately the staff had such a heavy accent that the contains of the corses and information about the wines vanished. We had a fine experience, - the dish with candy floss was the best. Not value for money

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

It almost felt like interactive theatre because of the way the dishes were presented and the synchronization of the entire dinner event commencing from the street bites to eventual desserts... we exclaimed Wow! More times than we could count. We did have some disappointment as our serve staff somehow forgot?? To inform the kitchen about our next course leaving us as the only table unserved and ignored for 40 minutes or more... but of a damper that was... otherwise it was a very interesting evening... good food but way better presentation and panache!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant, great service with an attentive "starter moment" and with quality food. Super recommended, and if you can avoid "108" and "Relae"!

1  Thank altmannkari8