All reviews four poster bed organic breakfast boutique hotel central station breakfast table lovely room top floor first floor reception area rent bikes loved this hotel bars and restaurants tea and coffee cold meats very nice hotel the breakfast area tivoli gardens
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This was our last stop on our trip through Scandinavia, and when we arrived at this hotel we were very tired. Because we had stayed in so many Scandinavian hotels we were used to the sleek Scandinavian design, and when we first entered the lobby, I was surprised that it was completely different, Very eclectic furnishings and unique hallways and landings. The elevator was very small, but we got our bags in and up to the 5th floor to our room, again very surprised by the mix of vintage furniture, and wild colorful tiles in the bathroom. Because I was tired, I thought this isn't right! but then I started noticing all the nice little details in the room, like lots of storage and places to put our stuff, the nice bathroom products, the attention to detail about where everything was stored, and most of all, how clean it all was! The next morning I thought, I really like this hotel! It's different! Our room was good size with a vaulted ceiling, and a window out towards the city, We were up high enough there was very little noise we could hear. The location in Vesterbro is excellent- we walked from the train station when we arrived. Tivoli Gardens is right next to the train station- and lots of other points of departure for touring Copenhagen. We loved the breakfast. Very different from other hotel breakfasts- its all organic. We felt very healthy eating the various unique offerings. We tried the ginger shot and really liked it. Yes the breakfast is expensive at about $30. per person, but for the quality of the food it's worth it. So even though this hotel caught me off guard when we first arrived, it quickly impressed me with it's unique attention to detail, very nice service, and cleanliness. For the location and the service, I recommend staying at this hotel. We walked the flights of stairs due to the small elevator, so if you have any limitations climbing stairs, or don't like small elevators, then this may not be a good choice-not because of the hotel, but because of the smaller elevator.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank carol952
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My second home in Copenhagen (I actually live here) . There are so many hotels that looks the same, but The Guldsmeden Hotels really have something special to offer. You literally feel that you are visiting good friends and the cosy atmosphere stays around you long after checkout.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Friendly, helpful staff at front desk. Room was quiet, very clean. Balcony very large. Lift made access to 4th floor room convenient. Location very good. Bus stop right across the street. Breakfast only weak spot, especially for the price. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Nice bed and nice with the eco profile. Did not care for the breakfast which simply isn’t worth the money. There are brunch places nearby that I would recommend instead where you get more bang for the buck.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Anders K
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Located in a central, good location in Copenhagen. Very nice room. Bycicle rental possible with hotel - excellent way to get around and tour the city. After vacating the room we could use the hotel until the evening before boarding our plane.
- Next stay in Copenhagen: We will come here again.

Room tip: Rooms to the back with a view. As high up as possible.
Date of stay: July 2018