All reviews single rooms are central station bus stop quiet area restaurants and shops wi fi boiled eggs city centre pleasant stay basic hotel small bathroom reception area breakfast was excellent decent size min walk short break stayed here for nights
Reviewed 22 August 2018

At ~US$220 a night (including the 25% VAT) the price is eye-watering for this low-to-mid-average hotel. But this is Denmark! And, step out of the door of Hotel Saint Thomas and you're in Frederiksberg, a smart, peaceful suburb with many amenities; restaurants, shops, a decent Fotex supermarket and beautiful Frederiksberg park just a short walk up Frederiksberg Alle'. So - you pay for the lovely location. It's a 15 minute walk to the Forum metro station and close to stops on the #9A and #26 bus routes that take you through the downtown area. Our room was clean and well appointed but it's small size meant limited storage and room to relax. The bathroom was cramped with no vanity around the basin - just adequate. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area and events. The breakfast was excellent, as others have commented. No coffee or tea in the room but the coffee machine in the foyer is five stars.

Room Tip: Our west-facing room was quiet, hot, but not a great view and we had to be mindful of privacy
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terence M
Hotel Sct Thoma... H, Receptionist at Hotel Sct. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Terence,

Thank you for your kind and lovely words.

We strive to be better and your feedback will help us to do so.

Looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again one day.

Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and highly recommend this hotel. It is in a great location to central Copenhagen and also to Fredriksberg area/park. The hotel manager, Hassan, was excellent and looked after us well.
The room was very clean and tidy and bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very good also, with a selection of fruit, pastries, cold meats and cheese. We would chose this hotel again when we next come back to Copenhagen.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GW_5084
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Our room was fine as we had a larger size to accommodate 4 people. It got quite hot in there unless we had the windows open and with those open you could hear nearby rooms. Wi-fi didn't require the app. We did have the hotel breakfast and it was a good selection but nothing stood out as fantastic. Like many places decaf coffee is not available. We opted to not use hotel parking and that was a nightmare as you have to move your car every couple hours or use an app to pay for parking and there were rarely spaces nearby. The drain/plumbing in the bathroom was so stinky we had to keep that door shut at all times nor did you feel clean after showering in there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018

This is not a more than two star hotel....., the room are unrealistically small, I barely could walk beside my bed, and the bathroom door could not be opened because it would be obstructed by the bed. There was not a closet to hang my clothes, but just few hangers underneath the TV. The bathroom was tiny, no bar soap or shower gel, they hast kept a hand soap dispenser by the shower. The shower curtain was brownish by the area it touched the floor, and stubbornly sticky, I did not want to imagine why..... the drain in the shower seem to work very poorly, there was always water backing up, with terrible stench. The receptionist that checked me in and out was very kind, but most of the other hotel personnel were unhelpful, rude, and seem in a bad mood any time I asked for directions or information about something.

I asked if they cold mail a postcard for my parents, which had a stamp and ready to go, after staring for few seconds, the woman said, she could, but there was a mail box near by, I should put it there. I found that in general, Danes are not helpful, they seem miserable, they do not like to help, and the seem very bothered by tourist that ask for assistance, at the train stations, hotels, museums, etc. They are oblivious they give purpose to their jobs...., it was a very strange place to visit.

Few days after I left I received an email from the hotel, stating that they were sure I enjoyed my stay there ( although that´s for me to say.....) and the quality of the service provided. That´s fine sample of arrogance and ignorance.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisy
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Due to an emergency I had to change the dates of my booking as I booked the hotel through another platform and not directly it was not easy for them to change the dates However they went the extra mile for me and arranged my accommodation on the new preferred dates! Normally hotels don't do that and I am very grateful! The shower in our room was amazing so relaxing , everything was clean and tidy! The bed had a memory foam mattress topper on top which made a huge difference I am now thinking to get one for home! The area was very nice and quiet and the location great! If you are an early bird I guess you should book with breakfast too but as the breakfast is served until 10:00 and we were just waking up at that time we thought it doesn't worth it! There are plenty nice breakfast cafe's and brunches in the city to explore! Overall great value for money in the expensive Copenhagen! and a very pleasant stay! Staff were friendly and kind!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple