Review Highlights
quality time

Not far from the Copenhagen center. The most importantly its a free entry. At the same time you can... read more

Reviewed 15 August 2018
andressenmic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great time and something for everyone

We loved the different rides on offer and spent a fantastic afternoon riding the old creaky roller... read more

Reviewed 11 August 2018
61JacquieH
Hitchin, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Copenhagen
from US$23.10
from US$77.90
from US$140.50
Copenhagen Card
697 Reviews
from US$62.30
More Info
All reviews horse carriage free entrance wooden roller coaster beautiful forest hunting grounds lovely beach danish tv all ages bumper cars per ride whole family great fun lots of places to eat danish food walk around tivoli gardens sunny day
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This is a nice old amusement park very popular with local families with children. Not at all tourist oriented like the city's upscale Tivoli. Admission is free but there is a cost for parking.
The fairgrounds, games and amusement rides are located within a large " old forest " full of walking trails and deer. Enjoy a picnic in the meadows, or a horse drawn carriage ride.
There is a heritage street with traditional shops, barber, cafes, ice cream shops, bakery etc

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We travelled north of the Copenhagen centre to Klampenberg to visit Bakken at the deer park/deer haven.

Entry is free and it works on a token based system or ride pass wrist bands. Because we had the baby and the toddler we tend to relay who does the rides with the oldest, as he's only three, and tends to get tired halfway through the day we purchased a booklet of tickets for 199 DKK which gives you 40 tickets.
I liked Bakken because it gives you a very comphrensive list of which rides can be ridden with children of which heights with and without parents. It was all very clear. There was no disappointed child, distraught, after waiting for a lengthy time in the line only discover he wasn't tall enough to ride. Thanks!!
My oldest only wants to ride on the bumper cars, most of the other rides scare him, even though he tells me he wants to do them again... pictures are evidence of his level of fear.
So in Bakken Children of all ages can ride bumper cars with their parents, which I love. Of course if he wanted to be by himself he would need to be above 137cm, but when I'm driving my arm is around him the whole way because he likes it to be as rough as possible and giggles the whole way around while I attempt to cause as much mayhem and bumping as possible.
We really enjoyed the gourmet icecream there too. And the Italian restaurant, Al dente, was a lovely surprise with excellent service and food. It was a little oasis of quiet in a busy and hectic place.
We first attended Prego as an option for us to eat during our stay at Bakken, but we had an issue with a waitress there who told my husband that he could be seated, but got annoyed when he sat down somewhere that wasn't being serviced by the staff. The tables were all set, and if she wanted him to sit somewhere specific, she should have seated him properly, instead of grunting at him as she walked past. He would have endured it, but we left because I could tell it had upset him. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, it felt like we were an irritation to the staff there.

Also, there are many smokers in the park, with smoking being more socially accepted than Australia. It's surprising that people happily puff away right next to young children and babies and don't think twice about sitting next to a baby and lighting up.

1  Thank KDavids0n
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is a nice amusement park for the family, free entrance and more low scale compared to Tivoli in the city.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We were staying on Bellevue beach at Klampenburg so didn't have far to walk to the park. It is well worth a walk around and has a nice old street with a traditional barber and shops. I had a go on Galoppen which is identical to my favourite fairground game in the UK. There are lots of places to eat and its nice to walk in the deer park too. If you are staying nearer Tivoli and have no interest in the beach or deer park then it may not be worth the journey. Entry is free with the Copenhagen card and train travel there is also free.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Take the train or take a car and drive north to the Bakken amusement park. Parking cost, but there is no entrance fee. Each ride is carefully adjusted to the kinds of all ages, making it simple to see who can try what - the parents can relax and let the kinds go bananas if they have a tour pass.

The plethora of restaurants and cafes makes it very easy to eat and drink, though many people also bring their own foodd Perhaps not the biggest amusement park, but definitely woth checking out.

What I personally like is the relaxed, laid back athmosphere.