1,280 results
All reviews central station tivoli gardens would stay here again noise from the street hop on hop excellent location beds were comfortable min walk cold meats expensive city family room double room breakfast room train cereal square europe
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed a weekend in this typical luxury hotel from a long time ago with old fashioned but OK rooms in the city centre. Clean with beds and bathroom OK. We had a room with a balcony facing Tivoli across a the street which was nice, the street and Tivoli are busy but we were not disturbed too much. A good breakfast with a calm atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear JanStenberg,

thank you for your review of your stay at Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the view, location and the breakfast buffet.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived very early at the Copenhagen Star hotel for our 2 night break and we were alocated our room straight away. The room was small with no air conditioning. The first night we didn't open the windows, and woke up very hot. The second night the maid had opened the windows and that made the room very cool, but unfortunately we were woken by the terrible noise from the street below. When we shut the windows the noise went away. The price we paid included our breakfast. The staff were very friendly and the location for site seeing was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear rainbow1939,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Lovely to hear that you didn´t need to wait for your room, despite your early arrival. Unfortunately none of the rooms have air-condition, therefore the only option is to open the windows.

I definitely see how that solution could be inconvenient of the noise. Our rooms facing the backyard are quiet.

We are happy to hear that the central location of the hotel was satisfactory.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Before our 7 night Norwegian cruise, we spent 4 night at The Copenhagen Star. We had the most awesome room. Top floor corner room right over the main entrance!! Lots of nighttime entertainment just sitting on the window edge and watching the action down below on the street corner! It is the red light district after all!! Just around the back of central station. Half hour walk to Christiania, which we did more than a few times!!!! Very close to shopping area, bars, restaurants and all the action of that amazing town! Great staff, very clean, large room, inroom wifi (with a few bad connection moments) and very bizarre TV stations! Lol We got the best price around from what we heard of other travellers! I recommend it and would go back! We were there in May 2013.

Room Tip: I loved the top floor over main entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ghislain R

Dear Ghislain R,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location, after all as you say, there is a lot happening in Copenhagen centrum.

I regret that you experienced fall out in the wifi connection, the more are online in house, the less bandwith goes to all, unfortunately. What do you mean by bizarre Tv channels? :-D

You were here right before the high season peak, it seems. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the price for your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location is an easy walk from the Central Station, just make sure your room isn't located on the street side. Since it is located on the edge of the red light district, late night noises woke us repeatedly through the night. Staff was understanding and helpful about changing rooms for night 2, and it was much better.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are a must.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dcraigclark,

We appreciate you taking time for a feedback of your recent stay with us.

The downside of our central location, and for any central located hotel for that matter is of course the noise, so I understand that you wanted to move to the quieter backside. I am glad to hear that my colleagues were able to accomodate this request.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Copenhagen Star for two nights, overall everything was fine, considering the price we got what we expected. However, the shower was very small, the bedroom decor was ordinary, the room wasn't 100% sound proof and they did not have hot food available, but they would let you eat your own food in the foyer. The location was ace, it could not have been easier to move around the city. The staff was friendly enough. The breakfast was okay for the price, but there was no cooked food on offer. We would recommend the place for the location alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nick_Rafaela,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our central location. I do regret that we do not serve hot food in the evening, but it is hard to compete with other restaurants in the city.

The shower size is rather typical for Denmark, that was a part of the cultural shock for me and many of my friends when moving to Denmark :-) I definitely understand that it can be an inconvenience.

We hope that you would consider staying with us, in case you are in Copenhagen again.