1,669 results
All reviews great location bay window close to nyhavn minute walk kongens nytorv metro station quiet location within walking distance danish pastries small balcony standard room breakfast buffet boiled eggs bars and restaurants cold cuts three nights very nice hotel little mermaid
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My family of four had a one night layover in Copenhagen and we chose The Strand because of its location. Close to metro and the Nyhavn. Very clean, nice staff, great rooms. Based on the description of the hotel we thought breakfast was included because it mentions the buffet under the section "what's included" and it's along with items like hair dryer and wifi. However, the breakfast is not included BUT it was amazing (at 170 kroner each) and by far the best breakfast we had on our two week vacation. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Guest_Relations_STR, Gæsteansvarlig at Copenhagen Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear paigekowalski.

I am very happy to read you and your family had a great stay at Copenhagen Strand!

Thank you for mentioning our staff, rooms and breakfast.
On our website you can choose between reservations with or without breakfast. Even though it was not included in your rate, I am happy to read you got to try it! Your kind words will be forwarded to our Restaurant Manager as well.

If you are returning to Copenhagen again I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have spent a couple of times a night in this hotel as it has been well located to the needs of my business trips. The location would be perfect for tourists as well though!

The hotel has a nice, Nordic interior. The rooms are also ok and very clean: to be more precise I did like the sleeping comfort of the beds, but in some rooms there was a bit noise from the street (the ones that are to the left from the main door).

The breakfast was good, but then again I expected a bit more (especially if one likes cooked breakfast).

I decided to have a beer at the lobby bar and read a book. The young man servicing by the reception / bar had very good client attitude with positive and friendly behaviour.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ruoh-is.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other travellers at Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read you are a loyal guest and have returned to our hotel several times during your business trips.

Your kind words on our interior and service are highly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again next time you are in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I chose this hotel for price (welcome to expensive Scandinavia) and location for pre tour night.
I liked this better than the tour one, as right on the canal and proximity to the lively Nyhaven area with many restaurants. and boat tours. It was walkable (with wheeled carry on bags) from the Metro station we took from the airport. (Get a Copenhagen card). For the price, other cities I've booked in Europe would have had breakfast included, perhaps that is not the custom in Denmark. Arriving early am before check in, we dropped our bags, changed our clothes, and had a great two full days siteseeing, a bottle of wine out front on the canal, before we checked in to our tour hotel across town. It was our first adjustment to the no AC hotels throughout Scandinavia ( 70 yrs since such a high heat wave). Well informed front desk staff.

Room Tip: A canal view would have been nice- we did not have.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_STR, Gæsteansvarlig at Copenhagen Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear dajwaj.

Thank you very much for choosing Copenhagen Strand as your place of accommodation while in Copenhagen.

I am happy to read you had an overall great experience here. Thank you for your detailed review. I am sure it is helpful for other travellers as well.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Rooms are a little small but beautifully furnished in a very modern way. No there is no aircon but I dont have this at home either! Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast is good and the staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Janye S.

Thank you for sharing your very kind review with us and other travellers.
We appreciate your kind words on our breakfast and staff.

It is a pleasure to read you would like to stay here again and we are looking very much forward to welcome you back!

map@arp-hansen.dk

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I stayed at Strand Hotel in June 2018 (6th-7th) with 3 other colleagues. First when we arrived they informed us that they had to downgrade our rooms due to some issue & asked if we were informed about it earlier. - which we werent. Then the room they gave me was the corner rooms with very poor sound proofing and light block. I couldnt sleep well at all due to bad sound from the drain pipes - everytime a guest in the hotel flushed the toilet - I was woken up due to the bad sound proofing around the big drainage pipe! I must have woken up atleast 6-7 times! This was absolutely the worst hotel & room I have ever stayed. When I mentioned it at the reception desk the next day morning, the lady was "okay" I will inform "someone" about it. When I persisted, she said I will write a note for someone to look into. Will never ever stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone. Stay away from this place and dont book it even if they ask you to stay for free. The cherry on the icing was that after having downgraded our room they still send us the bill for the same amount we originally booked it for! Unproffessional, unapologetic & customer "un"friendly. Stay away folks!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JinnyRiju
p_borup, Direktør at Copenhagen Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear JinnyRiju

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experiences. We highly appreciate our guests’ helpful comments. We hereby have a possibility of improving our hotel and you have hereby helped future guests. Thank you!

Needles, to say that we are terribly sorry for the incidents taking place during your stay. I apologize for having downgraded you and for allocating a room to you where you were able to hear other guests flushing. We will look into these matters and have them corrected. We are presently testing new and more light blocking curtains (though all rooms were totally refurbished last year).

We are careful about selling the right room at the right rate – and I am so sad that we have missed on this important issue and had to downgrade you. I can fully understand your disappointment.

Please accept my apologies for the incidents and rest assure that your comments have been used in order to avoid any similar situations in the future. You are very welcome to contact me directly.

Thank you for helping us and best regards,
Peter Borup