“Amazing Dosa in Copenhagen”

Tranquebar Indian gastronomic food
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Outer Noerrebro
Description: tranquebar,indian gastronomic food, indian restaurant in Copenhagen.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

If you have been looking desperately for Dosa in Denmark, this is the place for you!

I went with my friend and we ate two dosas each. If you buy one for 60 DKK, you get the next one for 30 DKK- thats amazing. The chutney was spicy and mouth watering. The sambar could have been better but I am more of a chutney lover so it went well with me.

Guys, if you are bored of eating the same old boring Indian food at copenhagen, this will sure be a relief!

1  Thank Krutika2013

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have searched a lot on the internet and asked many friends and colleagues about finding south indian food in copenhagen.. nobody knew if there is any place where we could find south indian food.. luckily we found out from one friend that this place is the only restaurant in whole of denmark where you can get south indian dosa and uthappam.. the food was awesome... the spiced peanut chutney served with the dosa was awesome.. it is a bit pricey... located in a very quiet location and very good ambience... the chef was from the same city as me.. we spoke a bit and came to know that he cooks there as it is his passion... a real good dinner we had... the starters a very sumptuous and mango lassi was perfect

1  Thank Chakravarthy G
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Small and cosy restaurant. I have been eating here several times and the food is very good. Their taka-away is also worth trying and a good alternative to the usual shawarma in the neighbourhood.

1  Thank Martinhaupt
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I am a PHD student form India, I invited some fellow Indians and Danish friends and went to Tranquebar in order to taste the south Indian Dishes, the owner told me that Traquebar is one and only restaurant serves Dosa and Uttappam. We took Dosa and Uttappam and other Indian Dishes, prices were reasonable we enjoyed King Fisher, Mango lassi, and ate Delicious mouth watering Indian food, hospitality was very good, the ambiance of this place is unique in Copenhagen, this was the 5th time i went there to eat the food, some body commented very bad about "Tranquebar" it seems to be a conspiracy to degrade the beautiful place some vested interest could be involved to tarnish the image of people who make food with LOVE and compassion not as profession.

5  Thank srnivas r
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This restaurant is in residential area called Nørrebro, very far from city center. It is small restaurant and when we went there, we were the only people in this restaurant. We had Masala dosa and Utthappam. The food is not good at all compared many Indian restaurants in Copenhagen. I fail to understand why other people have ranked this restaurant so high. Not worth visiting this restaurant.

4  Thank Gurudesh