1,489 results
All reviews norreport station cozy hour food market medium room large room la rocca torvehallerne market food hall free glass of wine wet room sister hotel top floor street noise cozy hotel muesli lounge area location was perfect
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Ibsens Hotel was absolutely perfect for our recent week long visit to Copenhagen. The location, just three blocks from the Norreport station, means you can get anywhere in the city or on Zeeland with ease. In a nice neighborhood with local restaurants, there is a wonderful food court just two blocks away. Not enough superlatives to describe the Danish breakfast buffet, fresh and plentiful choices. But the best aspect of Ibsens is their staff, eager to be helpful and of service. They go out of their way to serve every need including fixing a broken cell phone on the spot!

The rooms can be small as is typical of a boutique hotel but are efficiently planned and comfortable. We chose the "moderate room" for two and were very happy. Would not consider any other choice for our next trip.

Date of stay: October 2018
ArthurHotels, Gæsteansvarlig at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

We are so glad to read your lovely review. We love it when our guests really enjoy staying with us.

We are most pleased to read your appreciation of our New Nordic breakfast. We are always working on improving our buffet in order to keep it organic, and to find the best local produce. I will pass on your praise of my nice colleagues at the front desk.

Your wish to come back is the best recommendation we can get, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Like other reviewers, I'd really like to commend the staff at this hotel. My bottom line review is that I'd stay again, it wasn't the most comfortable place I've stayed, but I suppose one gets what they pay for. In more detail:

All of our interactions with them were excellent. They were consistently warm, friendly and accommodating. I don't have any complaints about the service at all.

That said, there are some logistical issues with this hotel that prevent it from being a totally positive experience. The rooms are a bit oddly laid out, and the beds are quite small. If I'd known just how small, I would have booked a larger room as my husband is quite tall, and it was not a comfortable sleeping experience. Although we're from NYC, we currently live in London and I've stayed in boutique hotels all over Europe. The rooms at Ibsens did stand out for slightly less comfort than other similarly-priced properties in places like Paris, Lake Como, Prague, Amsterdam, etc...I think that accommodation in Copenhagen is a bit more expensive in general, so this may simply be a case of "you get what you pay for." All that to say, when we arrived and saw our room, we called down and asked if we could pay to upgrade to a larger room. The staff were very kind, and apologized that they didn't' have any larger rooms available, but did give us the option of two other rooms in the price range. That actually helped a lot, as the layout isn't consistent, and some "equal" rooms feel larger, just based on the layout. The beds were the same small size, but we were able to move to a room with a better layout. Unfortunately, the first evening, we returned from dinner and our room smelled quite strongly of sewage. We called down, and the lovely gentlemen (I didn't get his name) came up right away, confirmed that it was a strong smell that was noticeable even in the hall, and moved us right away to another room. I appreciated his responsiveness of course, but I was also tired and sick of changing rooms at this point! He did apologize profusely and gave us breakfast vouchers for the next two days, which was much appreciated.

A couple other miscellaneous issues: The elevator is not ideal. There is only one, and it's really not sufficient for the number of guests in the hotel and staff who use it. We regularly had to wait as it passed us by, already filled to the 5 person limit. If we'd been on the 2nd or even 3rd floor I might have just taken the stairs, but we were on the 5th floor, and that didn't seem feasible especially with luggage. I can imagine this would be an issue for elderly guests or others with mobility issues. Also, unlike in other hotels I've stayed at, the housekeeping staff also use the same elevator, so they often had a very large cart inside and there was often not room for any other guests to get in.

I was also not comfortable with the luggage storage room. The hotel does store luggage (which most places do) which was nice for us, as we didn't fly out until 6pm on the day we checked out. However, rather than having a member of staff take it, they simply give you a code to the luggage room, where everyone else's bags are also stored, and tell you to take it down yourself (this took ages due to aforementioned elevator issues). This may be the paranoid New Yorker in me, but the idea of having my bags unattended and able to be accessed by anyone staying at the hotel seemed very weird. I've never experienced that anywhere before. Even if they were locked, they could easily be picked up and taken if someone really wanted to do so.

Breakfast: The breakfast spread was very tasty, but it was chaos down there every morning (I think because they have another sister property who uses the Ibsens hotel for breakfast?). The breakfast is a set price, but they charge extra for cappuccinos or other coffee drinks beyond just black coffee. It's not a big deal, but on top of the other issues did feel a little cheap and nickle-and-dime-ish to me.

SO that is all. As I said, if I went back to Copenhagen I'd probably just pay more for a slightly nicer hotel, but if someone said I HAD to stay at Ibsens, it would be okay too. It's not horrific or anything, just not the best experience. Location was great and very accessible from airport, and once again, the staff was lovely.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jess L

We really appreciate that you will come back and stay with us at Ibsens Hotel – even if you weren’t really satisfied with your stay. But we reckon that in your case it’s all due to our good colleagues at the reception. We know, they are maybe the nicest people in Copenhagen. But If you are mainly looking for comfort, you should probably not choose Ibsens Hotel. We are a personal and friendly hotel, where you get to experience the local culture, but we are not boasting ourselves because of comfort.

More or less all room at Ibsens Hotel are different. It’s an old city house, and we like to say, that we can find a room of everybody’s taste. We are so sorry for your trouble in regards of the several room changes. We know the elevator is running a lot, but my nice colleagues in housekeeping are not using the elevator much. We have housekeeping trolleys at each floor, and we move their equipment at night in order not to bother our guests.

We are sorry about your luggage issues. We can understand you worries, but here in Copenhagen, I think we trust people a lot. Maybe sometimes to much, but most of the time it works very well. Actually, we have never had a problem with anybody having stolen anything from the luggage room. Probably, we just have nicest guests at Ibsens Hotel.

We are sorry your expectations were not met. But if you should change your mind, we will be looking forward welcoming you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

First of all I have to thank the lovely and helpful staff, especially Carina, who put so so much effort into solving my issues. At the end, I am all happy.
I booked a medium class room and didn’t expect much space as in most Scandinavian country’s hotel rooms are not that big. When I arrived I have been quite disappointed not only but the size of the room, the tiny bathroom but also by the lack of comfort. As this is a boutique hotel, of course the rooms due have different floor plans even when in the same category. But the two rooms I experienced are so different, as if you compare Europe the east Asia. The second room is a lot bigger, not comparable at all and I do have to say that for me putting these rooms into one category is a total no go. So please if you book here try to talk to the staff about which rooms are available. Because if I had to stay in my first and payed that money and now knowing what over room I could have gotten for the same... oh dear... the second room is also located to the courtyard, much more quiet. Anyways, if you have to guest staying in the medium room, you rather go for the mouse house as there you’ve got a big bed but tiny bathroom. The other has a small bed.
Otherwise rooms all clean and kinda Scandinavian style but not as cozy and stylish what I expected after checking them out in their website and booking.com.
Didn’t have any breakfast here so I can’t review that.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank josefinedw
ArthurHotels, Gæsteansvarlig at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you weren't satisfied with the first room you were offered. However, you seemed to like the second room. The room photos we show on our website are truly what we offer. We didn't make any changes, so we really don't understand your opinion. As you mention, all rooms are different more or less. Just as different as our guests. We are almost sure we are able to offer all guests a room of their liking. We are a boutique hotel and that's why. If you change your mind and happen to come by another time we will look forward to welcoming you. Next time you may like to taste our breakfast buffet. It's an experience of our local food culture, and it's organic.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

The room was fairly small but cleverly set up so didn’t feel cramped. Comfy bed and decent shower.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location.is excellent- easy link to the airport, good public transport options and within walking distance of many of the main attractions.

There’s a great food hall/market close by which is well worth checking out.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for a great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and had a good experience in Copenhagen. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again anytime!

Marie Thyssen / Ibsens Hotel

Reviewed 19 October 2018

good location for transport and eating out but also walking distance to main area of Copenhagenhotel staff very helpful but hotel didn't have tea or coffee available in roomplenty coffee at breakfast ,overall was a good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind words. We already look forward to welcoming you again!