“Quality, tasty asian restaurant with a wide variety in the menu”
Review of Taste of Fortune - CLOSED

Taste of Fortune
Price range: US$23 - US$54
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: We at Taste of Fortune focus on supreme quality. The highest form of culinary harmony can only be attained by looking into the smallest of details. Our highly qualified chefs create small, culinary works of art through tools that do not only consist of knives, pots and pans, but also passion, creativity and pride.” – Taste of Fortune
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a clean, modern restaurant with traditional Chinese, Japanese and sushi options on their menu. They also have dim sum on their menu and decent variety of dim sum. We decided on a mostly vegetarian selection for dinner, including tofu with mixed vegetables and a variety of dim sum. The sauce and spice of our tofu dish was amazing, a perfect blend of spice, salt and seasonings. Our dim sum was very good as well, with delicate flavors and wrappings that were not too thick or over powering. Sushi appears to be popular here as well. Overall I do think the menu is pricey for what it is, but it is a great option for fresh asian food with very good flavors and a nice selection of vegetarian options.

1  Thank Betty D

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

While in Copenhagen if you are keen on Japanese then the Taste of Fortune Japanese sushi snd and Dim Sum is a good meal in the centre of Copenhagen. The shashimi was fresh and melt in the mouth. It's a bit expensive but the quality is good. The service is quick and good.
The decor is fresh and the restaurant is very clean

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Refreshing for us to come across this place when looking for a quick Chinese meal, as the owner/front of house/waitress is a very pleasant helpful Cantonese lady. The cook is her husband and the son runs up and down from the kitchen delivering dishes to his mother.
There are some genuine home made dim sum, which are better than the usual factory made frozen variety and some interesting Cantonese dishes. They also somehow do Sushi, but we didn't try.
The night in question they wee a bit rushed as one staff member was on holiday. Our dim sum starters were fine, but we ordered ginger chicken for main with stir fried pak choi. This didn't taste quite right to me, accustomed to Hong Kong cuisine. Whether it was the oil a little bit old, or the pre-prepared chopped ginger and garlic were not freshly prepared that day, because of pressures on the kitchen, but they wee not if my expected standard though the chicken meat was perfectly steamed.
If I were to return I would give them another try, but on this occasion they fell short.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have been visited this place several times before, cuz I didn't know of any other Chinese restaurants in Copenhagen. The food tasted okay in the first place but I find the quality of food and service has significantly gone DOWN in the past year. The price has gone up to a point where me and my friends think it's a completely rip-off - they charge 20dkk for tap water! In all the Chinese restaurants, rice is normally served free of charge when you order a main dish, but there was once that the son of the owner tried to charge extra just for the rice when we ordered 3 main dishes - he might thought we were new customers who knew nothing about the price! More than that, prices of almost all the dishes have gone up significantly in the past half year-ish.

While you might think as the prices rise, the quality & ingredients of the food should've been better - BUT NO NO NO, me and my friends alway loved the eggplant dish and used to order it all the time, however, some day when she served it to the table, the dish looked WEIRD, yes, WEIRD. It was not the typical reddish/purplish color with delicious sauce, but a bowl of almost undone eggplant with a bit greyish colored sauce - it looked WRONG and tasted HORRIBLE. YUCKS! We left the dish almost untouched as the eggplant tasted really raw, as if the chef spent only 30sec in the pan to cook it. BTW, that nearly raw eggplant dish costs us almost 100 dkk.

Finally, we decided to give this restraint a final shot last week - we ordered a rib dish that normally comes with sufficient sauce and the sauce should be cooked INTO the meat. We asked the waitress (she's also the owner of the restaurant) before we ordered whether there's meat on the ribs - of course she said yes. So we ordered it with good hope to spoil our starving stomaches but when the dish was served - Oh wow, I swear that was the most disgusting rib dish we've ever seen - white bones covered by a layer of pure fat, with neatly zero meat and no sauce at all!!! OMG that's the most horrible food you can get with 129dkk... So we talked to the waitress really politely, explaining that there's almost no meat we can eat and the ribs looked wrong, maybe we could switch to another dish or at least she could make a new portion for us. But guess what, she refused to apologize and said "there's nothing we can do about it" "that's just how ribs should be in Denmark"... Oh well, it is seriously NOT OKAY to mock someone that he/she doesn't know how ribs should look like, her attitude in the whole process was DISGUSTING, as disgusting as the food they served us. In the end, we paid for the untouched ribs, and swear would NEVER ever come back again. There's absolutely NO service and no good attitude during the whole process - we were trying to communicate with her about the food while she took it to a new level- Conflict. While I certainly do NOT expect a quarrel on a delightful Sunday and will never let a horrible restaurant ruin my mood, I am writing down my honest review of this place - hopefully this review can warn the others.

All in all, really bad experiences in the recently year and will NEVER come back again. What do I have to lose? There's a bunch of other good restaurants in Copenhagen anyway, with much more reasonable pricing!

1  Thank andie0423
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Probably the best dumplings I've had, and the staff is really friendly and nice!! Would've given full points but was disappointed by the soup and noodles. Will definitely go again but make different menu choices :)