“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Amager
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a reservation for four people, and was really looking forward to the night but got very disappointed.
The service was extremely bad; we waited very long for someone to attend us, both to take our orders but also to take away our dishes. For the main course we sat without cutlery for five minutes, and at the end we actually had to get up ourselves to pick it up at the bar. Totally unacceptable! The waiters seemed confused and mixed up orders, in spite of having only four tables with guests.
The food was not great. We had tatar for starter, and the meat was not at all up to standard. No egg yolk, it was not tossed properly, and there was no mustard. So basically a ball of chewy meat.
Our mains were a bit cold once we received them. We had lamb, chicken and fish. The lamb was accompanied by pasta which was like rubber. Chicken and fish was OK.
We ordered cheese platters afterwards, and the brie and blue cheese were great, but the last cheese was a giant chunk of parmesan that was so dry that you could simply not eat it.
It is really a shame that Madmanifesten gave us such a bad experience - there is true potential here, but they need to up their game significantly to be worth the money you pay.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

With great food, ecological wines, a nice atmosphere and very friendly staff we loved our early evenning dinner at Madmanifesten. And even though the place was packed with young families wth kids, we (who did nt go there with kids), had a great, quite romantic and relaxing time.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've been here twice and I've been very satisfied each time. The food is great. I've had both vegetarian and fish. It's not that pricey either. Good wines and a lovely atmosphere as well. I'ts a hidden gem on Amar'.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I ordered a main course that was so heavily salted that it was inedible. When i complained the solution was to give me the meat with the sauce on the side. The meat was so dry that I only could only force down a few bites, and since the "autumn vegetables" were a few scrapes of grated raw carrot and a few bits of raw broccoli, I went away hungry. We were given 2 cups of coffee to make us happier, but this was not enough, since I paid for a meal I couldn't eat.
As to the coffee, I had to get up and ask for sugar, which they had "run out" of (they hadn't refilled the sugar bowl). Our waitress promised to come with the bill when she brought the coffee since we were anxious to leave for a concert, but she forgot.
I ate here a few years ago and went home very pleased and satisfied, but I will never go there again. I wonder what happened?

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Had a few beers before in this place but never tried the food! It is very good I must say. I liked the sunday burger althought it was a bit sweet but the quality was very good. Atmosphere great! Have a norrebro bryghus and something to eat you wont regreat it. The service is very good as well nice people