“Reasonable but nothing special”
Review of The Ricemarket

The Ricemarket
Ranked #739 of 2,907 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Average all round. I can't really say I'd return here again if given a choice. The food was okay, but nothing to really get excited about. I had a Green Curry with Seafood which consisted of a few Prawns, I managed to spot some really small Calamari rings and a couple or three chunks of Salmon. I wasn't quite sure about the Salmon in a Thai dish but it was not bad. Overall though the dish was not what I would call super good. I've eaten Thai dishes in many countries including Thailand and this is far from any of the better dishes I have tasted.

My Partner also had a dish of Fried Noodles with Prawn and Peanut and it was a very dry dish that had an overwhelming taste of lime (could be the lime she squeezed on it but I would have expected lime to be served with it if it went with the dish).

All taken into account a very average experience and if not for the fact we had a good time with friends we probably would have left disappointed.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Great food, served with a big smile. I visited with a colleague. We were both quite impressed with the food. I had a rice noodle dish with a house made lemonade. Fantastic.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Very central restaurant. The food is far from brilliant. If you stick to a main course the portion is big with an accessible price. If you go for the tasting menu (Don't!) is too expensive and very average tasting.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We were about to go to one of the owner's other restaurants (which we should have done) but at the last minute decided to stay in the neighbourhood. I had tried the take-away and found it tasty.

The interior is shabby, not shabby-chic or casual, just shabby. This wouldnt matter if the other things work. Which they dont.
Service is not unfriendly, unengaged and rushed. Still, dishes take forever to arrive. The first one, prawn crackers (from a bag) took almost half an hour.
We ordered the 10-dish tasting menu and our hearts fell at the prospect of waiting a good 20-30 minutes between each. After the first couple of plates though, things sped up.
All in all, there was nothing really WRONG with the food. But we were left mostly with a taste of fried food, no real spice or zing and not a meal that justified the fairly high price.
It's fine that the service does not speak danish but I would have appreciated a small "sorry, could you repeat that in English please" instead of a bored/blank stare.
I shall not be coming back.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Very tasty asian meals. I will go back and try more. Waiters are all very kind and helpful, with one exception (I believe she is the shift chief, so it's fine).