“Not bad hotel on a deal”
Review of Hotel Svanen

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Billund
london
“Not bad hotel on a deal”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel is not bad for what i paid for as i had a good deal for two nights at hotel and 2 day Legoland Entry, the rooms were cean and basic however there was a stain on the carpet near the bedside table but generally that didn't affect us.
We decided to walk from Airport to the hotel as it was sunny took us about 25 minutes to walk it would be better if we didn't carry so much.
Breakfast was quite good as it was inclusive for us,lots of fresh fruit, boiled eggs, cereal to choose from and hot waffle machine so all in not bad if you get a really good rate for the hotel otherwise i wouldn't advise staying here if you were paying a lot for it.
It's also the furthest hotel from Legoland but it's within walking distance you have to walk past Propellen Hotel for few 100 yards and you're here.
No bad smells or anything so not bad hotel in general

Food: found the restaurant prices a bit steep, so popped over to Propellen Hotel for takeaway food but it didn't taste too good to be honest

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Svanen Hotel seems to have undergone a rather thorough renovation since last time I was in Billund.

Rooms are very nice: modern, comfortable, spacious, practical and very quiet. No minibar. I found the beds a little too hard, but in no way a bone-crushing experience. Wifi internet works really well. There's a sofa, sofa table, armchair and workspace with plenty of space around it.

Breakfast is okay, but unfortunately all the bread is bake-off (thus tasteless), and the hot options are also preprepared. Healthy and diabetic friendly options are limited. On the other hand, breakfast is served from 0500 in the morning, a great plus.

Staff very friendly and service minded.

Restaurant looked good, but a look at the price list made my jaws drop. I understand that a quality restaurant must have high prices, but these are very high, even by Scandinavian standards. It's too bad they think that DKK 225,00 should be the cheapest option for a main course. I was on a business trip, and even my company charge policy will not tolerate such prices. There are no options for people with normal budgets. For this reason, I got my dinner elsewhere.

Despite a few shortcomings, the hotel itself is probably the best place to stay in Billund.

Room Tip: No preference.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tomitronic
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 24 February 2012

me and my family stayed at this hotel during our visit to Legoland in Billund. The hotel is nice, clean, and good breakfast. It is a couple of minutes walk to Legoland and Lalandia. It's near to the airport too. In the sentrum around 5 minutes drive away from this hotel you can find restaurants. I would love to stay in this hotel in the near future...

Ontario
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We booked our 2 night stay through Hotels.com, after booking I read up on the reviews... and I have to warn others that all the pictures on the web site are from the renovated "luxury" rooms, not the standard or comfort rooms! We booked a room that was supposed to be big enough to sleep 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) a so called standard room. Upon arrival we noticed that the hotel was actually a motel with separate buildings. I asked the clerk if we would be getting one of the renovated rooms that was pictured on the web site, she asked which website we booked through, when I told her the website she said that it's actually deceiving as all the pictures on hotels website and expedia are of the newly renovated luxury rooms not the standard one I booked. She then proceeded to tell me that in fact, the standard room was too small to sleep the 4 of us and she "upgraded" us to a comfort room. Even this comfort room was small but it was at least clean, it had one double bed and one double sofa. The bathroom was just ok, I read a review stating that it was an excellent shower experience, ours was very ordinary. Our room was in one of the side buildings separate from the main entrance/restaurant and had to walk around outside to get to the restaurant in the morning, not so fun with 2 small kids and rainy weather to boot. However, the breakfast buffet was decent with a few warm selections and also some cold. I like the fact that breakfast started nice and early (5am-10am) great for early departures!!
The location of the hotel was great for us, right by Lalandia water park where we were headed.
Overall our stay was good but it would have been excellent had we gotten what we expected.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Claudia C
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I spent the night at Svanen Hotel because of an early 6 am departure out of Billund Airport. Fabulous room with great clean fluffy duvets and pillows. Had the best shower so modern I probably did not get streams from all the faucets, one of the best showers ever experienced in Denmark. The very newest coffee/espresso machine, i-pod in the bathroom, flat screen television. I got there rather late as I had been with my Danish family for as long as possible, but earlier in August I had been there with my daughter and we had a snack, delicious, and the dining room and bar looked so enticing I hope to have dinner there some time. This place is a traveler's dream. Wonderful conscierge as well.
Inge Moore