Lowest prices for your stay
US$177
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Expedia.comUS$177
PricelineUS$189
HurbUS$206
All reviews old fashioned style lovely old hotel large aquarium junior suites large bathroom reception desk enjoyed my stay would stay here again bread stayed here for one night city centre delicious breakfast adorned contrast honey wake
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location and had a decent breakfest. Compared to the price though, I think it’s a bit overpriced and it didn’t quite meet my expectations.

Would stay again if I got a good price.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 414helened
Reviewed 10 March 2020

The hotel has a nice old-fashioned but modern feel. The rooms have nice beds, and are fashioned in an old-something-English style. It's not my preferred style, but it worked and felt cosy. The reception desk has a large aquarium fronting the whole base, which is a funny contrast to the more old fashioned style. There's also a lot of large paintings that obviously brand new, but kept in a modern/old-fashioned style.

Room tip: Get a room high up on the inside to get light and avoid any street noice. (Not on a trafficked street, so not a big problem anyway)
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank johnpeterhernes
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I stay here when in town on business. It is classy and excellent. Most of the hotel staff is wonderful.( yeah Freddy) . The art work is exquisite and intriguing. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The location in the main square is minutes walk from the harbour, shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AMR4FUN
Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

We had breakfast at Royal - it tasted really delicious. Mostly of the food and beverage are organic. The breakfast has also good choices for people with allergies. I don’t tolerate gluten and milk but it’s not a problem down there. I had a lot of fresh organic fruits and greens and nuts and honey with bread without gluten. The tea is also organic and fabulous. The manager is very friendly and helpful with a good sense of humour. The restaurant is really cosy with beautiful interiors and have also good eyes for food sustainability. I give my best recommendations to their breakfast

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
hotelroyalmanagement, Gæsteansvarlig at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Hello Pia
Thank you so much for the great review of our breakfast. I'll make sure to pass it along to our breakfast staff-team. We hope to see you at our hotel (and breakfast) again soon.
Best regards
Hotel Royal

Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

Hi, stayed here for one night and was pleased with the hotel and a service. We ate in the bar and the food was very tasty albeit small servings, but the quality was fantastic. My colleague and I weren’t going to have dessert, but changed our minds upon how wonderful our mains were.

The decor of the hotel is interesting and all the staff were lovely. I had a room in the first floor and there was a disco underneath, probably from the casino next to it. Unfortunately not the greatest sound proofing and so late to sleep to a disco version of Creedence Clearwater’s ‘Have you ever seen the rain’ and an early wake up from the municipal garbage truck.

Still I enjoyed my stay and would return.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MeganAussie72

Hello Megan. Thank you so much for the kind words and great review. I'll be sure to pass it on to our restaurant team! I do apologise apologize for the noise keeping you up during your stay. As a central city hotel we do unfortunately experience som external noise from the surrounding area sometimes. We are always ready to move our guests to other rooms if you should return to our hotel and (hopefully not!) experience the problem once more.
We hope to welcome you to our hotel again!
Best regards