“Went in for lunch - stayed for hours”

Forlaens & Baglaens
Ranked #64 of 587 Restaurants in Aarhus
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: F&B is a colorful little restaurant / cafe / bar, where guests and staff are close to each other. We serve Spanish-inspired tapas dishes, which corresponds to small dishes, and we therefore recommend 1-2 dishes per person. The food is also good to share, and makes the experience complete. Our bread and cakes are of course homemade and the coffee / tea is organic. We also serve the most delicious cocktails throughout Aarhus, come and try!
Reviewed 18 March 2017

If you're in Aarhus - then treat yourself and go to this restaurant. The woman who runs it is passionate about her job and it's infectious. The love she puts into her food translates into the most delicious and fresh food. Not tapas as we know it, but a work of art in every dish. Sublime fish, tasty pork, delicious puddings. She also mixes a mean gin martini or two, three ......

Reviewed 15 January 2017

If you're looking for a nice place for a pre-theatre, I'd definitely recommend Forlæns & Baglæns. The tapas-style dining means you can easily share dishes and try everything on the menu (we ordered one of each dish on the menu to share between five people). The food is delicious, and the seasonal winter dishes were proper comfort food for a cold night; their cocktails are great too (they make a mean manhattan)! Despite being absolutely packed just before Christmas, the service was brilliant too. I'll definitely be back to see how the menu changes!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We went for a ''quick'' lunch, 1 had Tapas and 1 had Fish & Chips.

Especially the Tapas was great, good service.

Its a very relaxing place, can only recommend.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

We shared a couple of good tapas at an outside table on a sunny evening.(tapas plate, patatas bravas and a plate of smoked tuna), and it was a very pleasant experience, incl. the tasty IPA beers from Ebeltoft Brewery.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

Popped in from the street to have a bite to eat. Never heard of the place before, and basically just needed a light lunch between meetings. I felt comfortable and at home from the very first moment. Friendly people ( proprietors, I think ), a blackboard menu boasting a dozen different tapas and fish&chips. Actually it all kooked good, but as already mentioned, I wasn't in for a big meal, so I went for the serving of three different bruchettas with three different cheeses. It was a full meal, and probably the best bruchettas I've ever had outside of Italy and Spain. If I'm in the area again sometime, I'll most certainly make sure it's around lunchtime...

1  Thank Steinar V