All reviews the location is perfect precise directions small hotel flying dolphin small balcony balconies port island luggage mules ferry
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We stayed for a night. The location is perfect. Very close to the port and to all the cafes and restaurants. We had a room in the first floor with a small balcony with some view of the village. The room was extremely small and not convenient. No place for our suitcases (and they were small enough). We found bugs in the closet and the bed sheets were not clean. They were full of dust and hair. I don't recommend to others to stay in a room with balcony to the street as it is really noisy! They also don't offer breakfast at all. So for 75 euros per night I was expecting more.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank vivian v
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Our stay at The Kirki was wonderful. This small hotel was tucked back on one of the main paths coming off from the main city center, only a short walk from the port where the flying dolphin comes in. We loved our stay and enjoyed exploring the winding paths of Hydra from there. The room was comfortable for 2 of us and we enjoyed the sounds of the restaurant down below (which we had a delicious lunch at one day). We spent a couple of our mornings sitting on the small balcony with our coffee and enjoying the sounds of the island. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Traci M
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel, consisting of only 6 rooms, is situated about 100 metres from the oceanfront. Nice, small rooms with a little balcony. Bathrooms ok and the cleaners did a very good job, the room was clean every afternoon when we returned from the beach. Ok price as well.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We chose the Kirki after discovering that our first choice was booked, but it turned out to be a fine choice and is of excellent value. The location is perfect with a great restaurant (Lulu's) directly across the road. The rooms are small, but spotless. Our hosts were wonderful. We will stay here again when we return to Hydra.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017

At the end of March, I arrived about 21:00 after taking a fast 1.5 hour ride on the flying dolphin boat from Pireaus Port. Dina from the Kirki Hydra had given me precise directions from the port to the hotel, which is about a 5-minute walking distance. Sotiris and his wife welcomed me, knowing that I was arriving late. I climbed a flight of stairs to the first level. Immediately, I liked my room with two twin beds, lots of closet space, hair dryer, LCD TV, very clean bathroom with a large shower, and a balcony overlooking the patio garden and view of the mountains. I slept soundly and woke up hearing a rooster crowing. The price of 48 euros was very reasonable for springtime before the tourist season. Sotiris was very sweet in allowing me to check out late the next day. So I was able to take a nap past noon after my climb to Profitis Elias monastery with panoramic view of the sea and nearby islands. I would definitely stay here again. The taverna across from the Kirki served delicious kalimari, horta, and fresh-baked bread. Kirki (Κίρκη) is Greek for the Odyssey's enchantress, Circe, who transformed Odysseus' men into swine with her secret potions.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room with a view of the garden patio and views of the mountain.
Date of stay: March 2017