All reviewstraditional buildingold mansionrecommend this hotelthe ground floorlovely courtyardexcellent locationfour nightsroom was largecaptainantiquesfurniturepatiogreece
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights here and were very happy! The staff were eager to please and be helpful. Breakfast was as good as any we've had in Greece in 14 days. The beds were comfortable and thee room quiet and dark. The guidebooks warned the rooms would be small but we had two comfortable chairs and a table so we're not cramped at all. Our first 2 nights on Hydra were 135 steps up so this hotel we found easy and convenient to harbor and great neighborhood. I can see that an overly quick manager might make reservations errors or appear curt but a personal phone call and direct emails might be helpful if one is fussy about their room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 days at Miranda . We were 3 to 4 friends and the Managment was super flexible adding beds and room even if it was high season.
The hotel is super charming and clean....and silent.
They make great breakfast .
We loved everything and we ll be back soon!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We did not get the room we booked, which was a major disappointment.

We had booked a room which was explicitly described having a sea view (that was the main reason we chose this room).
When we arrived on Friday evening we were given a room with no view at all. Subsequently, having read previous reviews on booking.com I believe it is a common marketing practice of this hotel. We told the manager that we wanted the room we had originally booked and she told us that in that room there was a "crazy lady" refusing to leave it. I asked the manager why she did not inform me of this situation when I spoke exactly one day earlier with her to ask if everything was OK with the reservation. She just said "sorry" in a cold way. When we said to her that had we known we would go to another hotel she pointed out in an ironic manner that in that time of the day we would find nothing else to go to. She told us she could give as a reduction of 50 Euros (out of the 306 Euros -16%). Our answer was we do not want money, we would like the room we booked. She said there was nothing she could do about it.
We ended up with a room next to reception with the windows overlooking the breakfast yard. It was both noisy (due to proximity with reception and hotel yard) and we had to have the window shutters closed in order not to be seen by other tenants in the yard. We were totally disappointed.
At our checkout after two days, the manager just handed us 50 euros as a compensation. I considered this an unfair reduction (25 Euros per night) and asked for more, having in mind both the noise and the lack of sea view and natural sunlight at the room we ended up in. The manager again with a cold and rude way said there was nothing she could do.

Overall I would have to say that the behaviour of the manager was totally unprofessional, impolite and gave us the impression that the hotel does not care for its customers. Will not chose it again.

I hope this review will be helpful for others as well as for the hotel, although I see at Booking.com that all negative reviews are answered by either a conventional typical "thank you" phrase or a mean answer.

Room Tip: You will not get the room you booked!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Don't even think of staying here. We made a reservation six months ago for a superior room with a sea view. The day before we arrived, the hotel contacted us saying that we would have to stay our first night in a hotel nearby because of unforeseen plumbing problems that were under repair.
When we finally arrived at the hotel, we found out that our room was given to someone else and were put in a filthy, downgraded room on the ground floor with stained beadspreads and a tiny bathroom.
The manager at reception was a disorganized mess and I would not recommend that you trust her with your holiday, because she will surely ruin it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cale Richard H
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

In such a piece of jewelry island, all the places they offer so expensive must be equal to the scenery and not just a place to sleep.
What can I comment first? It's homemade breakfast? The light lunch they had to offer us? Or the bathroom which was for 1 person only and seated?

I understand that they have no need for progress because of island beauties, but I think they have to invest more. Hospitality it's not the only requirement in our days for Greece to keep up in this business.

Ok. You re friendly, but we don't pay so much money only for this. Personally I feel shame as a Greek for this kind of establishments.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business