All reviewstraditional buildingold mansionrecommend this hotelthe ground floorlovely courtyardexcellent locationfour nightsroom was largecaptainantiquesfurniturepatiogreece
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Don't even think of staying here. We made a reservation six months ago for a superior room with a sea view. The day before we arrived, the hotel contacted us saying that we would have to stay our first night in a hotel nearby because of unforeseen plumbing problems that were under repair.
When we finally arrived at the hotel, we found out that our room was given to someone else and were put in a filthy, downgraded room on the ground floor with stained beadspreads and a tiny bathroom.
The manager at reception was a disorganized mess and I would not recommend that you trust her with your holiday, because she will surely ruin it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cale Richard H
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

In such a piece of jewelry island, all the places they offer so expensive must be equal to the scenery and not just a place to sleep.
What can I comment first? It's homemade breakfast? The light lunch they had to offer us? Or the bathroom which was for 1 person only and seated?

I understand that they have no need for progress because of island beauties, but I think they have to invest more. Hospitality it's not the only requirement in our days for Greece to keep up in this business.

Ok. You re friendly, but we don't pay so much money only for this. Personally I feel shame as a Greek for this kind of establishments.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank George T
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed at Hotel Miranda on 06/01-02. Due to a plumbing problem, we were upgraded to a family suite our first night - a quiet family suite with two bedrooms, a decent bathroom and overall a nice place. However, when we moved to a standard room the second night, we landed on the ground floor, a tiny room with a window to the plaza net to the hotel, and with thin walls facing the standard room next door and for the room above us. What a disaster - no sleep due to passersby, the man snoring next door and items dropped on the floor in the room above us. There have to be better places to stay in Hydra! At a minimum, spend a little more for a decent room at the Miranda...

Room Tip: Standard rooms are not a good value
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I do NOT recommend this hotel. I made a reservation several months ago. When I tried to check in today at one o'clock in the afternoon I was told the hotel was overbooked. I needed to go to another hotel. Such AWFUL service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pris97
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had booked several rooms at Miranda for a family event that was held last weekend in Hydra, but the reservation was a total disaster, since the hotel had double-booked the rooms and half of our guests had to be transferred to another (very noisy) place at the same price. So family and friends were separated, due to Miranda's lack of professionalism.
I must add that breakfast was totally indifferent and no one bothered entering/cleaning the room during the two day stay.

Because of their attitude, Miranda is a place to be avoided.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends