All reviewsrooftop terraceflying dolphinsmall balconygreat locationthe ownerminute walkkettlemichaellaundryboatshowertvisland
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night. This was a great choice of hotel. Close to harbour, shops, restaurants etc. With no hill to climb up :) Roof terrace has great view 360 degrees. Charming hotel, though dated. But you get all you need in your room: wifi, waterboiler, fridge, hairdryer, bathroom, windows with some view. We could hear people in the restaurant beside at night, but it was not loud. Bathroom small, but usable. Bed is comfortable but very squeaky. Everything is clean. High ceilings in the room. The owner is super friendly and helpful :) A simple and cozy hotel great for the money!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Amarillis Hotel for four nights. It is a minute's walk from the harbour. I enjoyed my stay enormously. Yes, some of the decor could do with sprucing up, but nothing to get in the way of a great stay. Tea and coffee is provided as is a bottle of water on arrival. There is a kitchen on the amazing roof terrace, where I spent most of my evenings watching the stars and the bats. There are restaurants literally outside the door of this hotel. Though it is so central, at night it is still quiet. Though I do wonder why people can't keep their voices down when they walk to their hotel room at night... Lovely place and I am definitely staying again. The owner was welcoming and helpful, but never overbearing. Lovely place that I hope to visit many many times again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Philip O
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Hydra and what a treat it was on this beautiful island. The Amarillis is a budget hotel in respect to what you can pay for hotels on this island but it has 5* from me. The room is compact with AC, safe, hairdryer, tv, kettle and ensuite shower room. We had a small balcony overlooking the narrow lanes. The hotel itself is a 3 minute walk from the flying dolphin. Tea and coffee was replenished daily as were the complimentary toiletries. There is a roof terrace with a communal kitchen, which we used to make breakfast. There are also washing machines up there which the owner is happy to show you how to use. So we will be leaving today with a heavy heart and suitcase full of clean clothes ready for our next stop!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel had a GREAT location. Only a 2 min walk down to the main marina area, and surrounded by cafes and shops. It had laundry services, a kitchen for use which was fairly well equipped and a rooftop terrace that we loved! Looked out over the whole of hydra and was great for a few evening drinks. The owner was also really friendly, as was the cleaning lady! Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoe D
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The room we had was pretty small, and very hot, but there is a beautiful terrace with amazing view of the all village. Close to the harbour and to a good number of restaurants is a right location to easily reach everything in the village.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends