“Just perfect”

Cuisines: Greek, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

By my opinion Dafni beach is probably the most beautiful beach in Zakynthos (not crowdy , good for chilling, great nature). It is surrounded by few taverns. We chose Porto Mela and we didn't make a mistake. We had local greek food (beef in red sauce & stuffed peppers) and it was a really good choice. We got extra free home bread with tomato&garlic sauce, at the end some fresh fruit. The staff was realy nice. Beach & restaurant worth of visit.

Thank Marek Plut.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Beautiful quiet beach with friendly tavernas offering free beds and umbrellas. For parking plus toilets
Fantastic unspoilt beach off the beaten track

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

If you want to swim at one of the best beach in Zakynthos and eat like a local the only place is Porto Mela!! The food is delicious the family will treat you like it's your family and the hot bread from their hands is unbelievable!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We went here because of the excellent review on tripadvispor.

But the food was average. Not as good as I have eaten in many other Taverna's, or what I have read from other reviews on tripadvisor. The souvlaki was dry, the feta cheese from the oven was not so good. However, the location is beautiful, the ambiance in the restaurant is nice, and the service is friendly.
But the prices are pretty much as restaurants in Zakynthos rated as €€-€€€, instead of the € that is advertised in tripadvisor now!
I guess if it was that cheap, I would have said, what I paid for is what I get, and the location is beautiful, so OK. But now I feel a very much, that I paid too much for what I got. Won't return too this restaurant, maybe just for the beautifull beach.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Porto Mele is a unique place: a real, genuine, full of courtesy restaurant infront the beach.
You can taste REAL home made greek cousine looking the most stunning and romantic sunset you can see in Zante, drinking the original Greek white wine, feeling a courtesy and kindness you can find only in this Restaurant.
Dimitri, the owner, is the most kind and honest person I ever met in Greece.
He do his work with passion for his land, for his cousine, for the tradition.
This place is...magic.