“A Lovely first meal on Ithaca”
Review of Kohili

Kohili
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This was our first meal on Ithaca, we had read about this Taverna before we came away and were looking forward to eating here.

The food was very good, we sat in the back part of the Taverna which very busy with mainly Greek people eating a good sign and a nice atmosphere. The service was excellent, we were helped with our starter as unsure and had 2 starters which complimented each other to mix and share. Our two mains were equally as good and some very nice local wine.

A must try Taverna.

J & M

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Before going on a vacation, I like to go through reviews, try to determine my own opinion! So I had great expectations of this taverna. The harbour was full with Flotillas, plus it was rather windy and a little chilly. With that we decide to eat in the garden area, out of the wind. The inside is a little bright, by that I mean the lighting, there’s this odd tree like display with lanterns hanging. Very random I’d say. Now to the food. I chose “grilled shrimp” and that is exactly what I got! Previously frozen, thankfully not over cooked. It came with a sort is garnish, come salad....sort of. My husband had the Lamb keleftiko, which didn’t look the most desirable of dishes, being a chef myself, it is hard sometimes to make a stew type dish look pretty. Looking around the moussaka looking like it had had an outing with the microwave! The service was quick, there were some locals eating there. I’d say that many of the restaurants have much of the same food...so it’s a case of trying them out....

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This is in the marvellous strip alongside the harbour walls which is lined with bars and restaurants. Kohili is one of the best, you can sit at the back in the garden with locals, around the front of the restaurant or by the water and watch the waiters run across the road. The food is very good and it deserves its reputation, the fish was excellent and the staff friendly - worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Sometimes, not too often , it happens that you land exactly on the type of restaurant you dream of. Kohili is such a place for authentic Greek food prepared with care. Everything we ordered tasted just great, and for seafood lovers it had been pure heaven. Add to it the beautiful setting of the restaurant overlooking the port, the flawless service of attentive, but not pushy, waitress and it all adds up to something that makes one crave for more. We swore that we will be back at the first opportunity. Highly recommended.

1  Thank david s
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Great food, fresh salads, always full of people as the food speaks for itself. The service is great, food is cooked well, very reasonably priced, locally sourced produce. Love this place.