All reviews great location old port corfu town taxi rank triple room black cat small balcony literally around the corner small lift overlooking the harbour first floor charming hotel all mod cons an amazing sea view central location enjoyed my stay four nights
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

We had a long weekend staying at the Konstantinoupolis Hotel. Great location in the Old Port. There is a beautiful central staircase leading to a small reception and guest lounge.

The rooms face the port and Old Town to the front, and an old pedestrian alley to the rear. There are restaurants galore nearby! The views to the front are the busy port. Our room had a small balcony so we watched the world go by and the cruise ships come and go.

The rooms are comfortable and we loved our stay here. It was perfect for what we wanted and we’d stay again without hesitation.

There is a small lift for those who might find the spiral staircase a challenge.

If you want a hotel with a history and a feel of how staying in Corfu May have felt 60 years ago, this is a lovely place with fabulous friendly staff.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I chose this hotel because of its location and because I like staying in hotels with history and character. For me, the location was perfect - overlooking the harbour and about five minutes walk from the Old Port and literally around the corner from the Old Town. There is also a taxi rank directly opposite.

My single room was actually a twin, and overlooked the harbour. It was a little small but fine for the three nights that I was there. It was clean, and there were plenty of plug sockets. There wasn’t a hairdryer or kettle, as advertised on the hotel website, but the helpful receptionist provided a kettle for me. The bathroom was quite dated, but clean and perfectly functional.

My room was only a few feet away from the reception desk but I never heard anything from there, although there was outside noise until about midnight.

Breakfast was a varied buffet - yoghurt, cereals, bread, cheese, ham and croissants. Hot items were sausage, scrambled and fried eggs. I could smell bacon as I walked in on my first morning but there wasn’t any!

I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I return to Corfu Town.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

An old hotel in a great location on the edge of the old town with wonderful sea views. We had a triple room on the top floor as a double was not available. The balcony is just big enough to squeeze a couple of chairs onto. The bathroom was fine although the rather strange design of a small sloping bathtub with a shower head above it meant you couldn't actually stand under the shower as it was positioned above the slope of the bathtub. This hotel certainly has character and charm and I'd happily stay here again for a night or two, although I think the price is a bit on the steep side.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights during our holiday in Corfu. The hotel is opposite the old port with direct access to the old town. Our bedroom was spotless and very comfortable with a view out to the island of Vidos and Albania. We even had a small balcony. There is a charming lounge and small dining room where we enjoyed a good buffet breakfast. The staff were all friendly and helpful. All in all we made a very good choice.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

A beautiful old hotel, built in the 1860s with a fabulous spiral staircase. It has a lift, reception is at first floor, the ground floor comprises of two separate restaurant concerns. Rooms are spacious and clean with good bathroom facilities. The breakfast room is light and airy and the breakfast is very reasonably priced. It can occasionally be noisy outside, but this is more than made up for by its location, close to the old city centre and the Nea Frourio and the harbour.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple