See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I didn't mind the 15 minute hike to the top of the hill to get to the Hotel as knew this before I was going to stay, I was prepared! The Hotel was a bit dark, but the welcome was lovely by a nice lady, I think she was the owner! She showed me to my room which was very modern (boutique style) but it overlooked and sat on a walkway - so no balcony... The room was next to the main Reception near enough, so I could hear everything and there is a parrot at Reception, thankfully gets taken away at night time! Lots of hot water, TV was naff AND you had to pay for the WIFI - absolutely rubbish..It is 2016!! Should be free!! I survived without it! Breakfast in the morning was not very colourful, very limited and just looked a bit dry and sad. It was a one star hotel breakfast to be honest - no though gone into its presentation. Lots of Germans, but it was ok. The cleaner for the public areas in the morning was VERY FRIENDLY and chatty. The sun lounger area was the highlight..It was like staying in a hilltop villa, very quiet, lots of birdsong and magnificent, wasn't even busy! A cold pool, but it was only end of May, but it was very warm still! Rethymnon is an ok place, but after a few hours I had seen it all. When I left the Hotel, different story, the owner completely ignored me and was more interested talking to a member of staff! I wouldn't stay here again to be honest, it was okay for 2 nights.

Room tip: Aim High!! Noisy otherwise!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Hotel is spotlessly clean, nice and modern. The food is really nice, the choice is not huge, no sweet deserts so if you are a desert lover you will head to town straight after dinner to try some nice ones. But we liked everything we tried, very tasty! We enjoyed the drinks on the terrace in the evening with a great view, the hotel is up the hill from old town and the beach so good thing is you have an amazing views but you have to go up the hill every time you are coming back (or you can take a taxi). Staff is very nice, polite and works so hard to make sure everybody is enjoying their holiday. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Hotel very good. Spotlessly clean inside and out with Staff that cannot do enough for you. As on hillside above City it is cooler than nearer the coast. It is near enough to go down to the City and beach but far enough away so that the air is cleaner and quieter. The gardens and pool are continuously cleaned and maintained. There is no vegetarian option on the menu but the lovely Chef cooked Baked potatoes just for me on several occasions. Also when I had a bad "tum" the Barman went down to the City and brought me - without payment - as pot of Yoghurt! Then the Waitress came later and brought bread and butter to my room without me asking for anything. Beyond the call of duty.... Would recommend this Hotel 100%

Room tip: The front faces gardens and trees and the back the pool and city view - depends which you prefer.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2015

The other reviews get pretty right, great hotel, very clean, friendly staff but poor breakfast.... I went for bread and honey every morning, I was kinda happy getting back home and have some different stuff, like fresh fruit :P otherwise I really cant say anything bad about the place, so if your ok with bread and honey for breakfast, I suppose zou wont find a better place for the same price at rethymo...

Room tip: ask for the room with sea-view, they're the same price but a bit smaller then the others
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 28 September 2015

We could find a better hotel to fulfill our needs - ideal location with magnificent view, rooms modern and comfortable, everything very clean, fantastic service (special thanks for Rula and Manolis - the waiters), really good fresh Greek food. What could be improved? Wifi in all areas, preferably free as in most of other places downtown.
We will definitely come again.

Date of stay: September 2015