I visited the Aegean Pearl in the Scottish October week with my pensioner parents and my sister for our first family holiday in over a decade.
The hotel is lovely, very clean, the rooms were well equipped and turned around daily, all staff were very friendly and there are three different pool areas to choose from all very quiet and easy to get a bed. The only complaint about the room is that there are no actual walls between the shower area and the room so be prepared to get real acquainted with whoever you're sharing with. Other than that the room was perfect.
The hotel is about 30 minutes walk from the town centre which I found pleasant, it was too far for my parents though. Lovely and quiet and plenty of bars and restaurants nearby however by the end of the week 80% of these were shut for the winter, so the English October week would have been very quiet. It's also literally across the road from a lovely beach, a little stony but otherwise the sea was mostly calm and warmer than the pool, with free beds for hotel guests.
We were B&B and the breakfast had a lot of selection but was not the greatest I've ever had, we also paid for the buffet dinner one night which I would say was fine but probably one of the worst meals we had all week, so I would suggest you can get better meals and more variety elsewhere. There is a pool bar area that does food all day and the staff and food was quite good, and entertainment on every night including a free walking tour of the old town.
So overall I thought the hotel was excellent, the only negatives being: lack of privacy in the room, buffet food not the greatest and perhaps a little too far out of town for my elderly parents. I would stay again but my parents would choose somewhere closer to town if we were to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is located on the Greek island Crete and is ideal for beach lovers who want to relax at the beach. The hotel is in the city Tethymnon on the island Crete. Next to the hotel there are many different shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. The beach promenade directly by the hotel, and is ideal for walks. You have got the possibility to take your breakfast at the main restaurant of the SENTIDO Aegean Pearl where a buffet is prepared to each meal. Moreover, you can enjoy your lunch at the snack bar which is directly next to the pool. In the evening you have got the possibility to choose between the buffet or the A la Carte-Restaurant. At the bar you can enjoy the sunset with a tasty drink. Many different watersport activities were offered next to the beach. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is in cooperation with the diving school where you can schedule diving lessons. Furthremore, in the evening the hotel offers entertainment shows. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl offers 4 different types of rooms: Comfort double rooms; Double rooms with private pool; Family suites; Suites with sea view ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Aegean Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aegean Pearl Hotel Rethymnon
- SENTIDO Aegean Pearl Rethymnon, Crete