Stayed here for our honeymoon, this was our first time to Crete. Having visited Corfu and zante this was definitely the best out of the three islands. The hotel is quiet new, modern and stylish. On arrival into the hotel we didn’t have to stand at reception they told us to sit on entering then we was brought freezing cold lavender flannels and a glass of juice which was excellent. Next a porter came and took all of our luggage to the room. The porter also put the aircon on for us which was nice. The room was lovely and very modern with open plan bathroom, rain drop shower, stereo, flat screen TV and fridge with free bottled water. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was so comfy! Breakfast was excellent with everything you could want from the typical full English to croissants, nutella, pancakes, fresh omelettes, freshly squeezed orange juice and so on. The hotel is right on the beach and the sun beds and parasols are free to Aegean pearl residents. The main town rethymnon is around a 40-50 minute walk which we only made the mistake of doing once! It was far too hot to walk into town unless you leave the hotel after 8.30-9pm! But walking back is fine, a nice long walk. I highly recommend getting a taxi which you hop into right outside the hotel door its only 5 Euros and it saves you dripping with sweat by the time you have walked there! Rethymnon is a fantastic little town with all the tradition alley shops which sells some great stuff to the higher end designer shops. There are 100s of restaurants to choose from. Just beware of some that are right on the harbour in which the staff just about drag you in! I would say the hotel is not child friendly they were a few children but not many. The hotel rooms are designed for couples and really anymore that that would be a squeeze. They seems to be a sun bed problem around the pool. The pool area is quiet small and it would not be possible to fit more sun beds around. This wasn’t a problem for us as we like the beach. In the 2nd week the hotel became very busy and sun beds around the pool and the beach were like gold dust. All in all we had a fantastic time at this hotel. It is a 5 start hotel but I have stayed at better 4 stars with more facilities then this hotel. Location is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is located on the Greek island Crete and is ideal for beach lovers who want to relax at the beach. The hotel is in the city Tethymnon on the island Crete. Next to the hotel there are many different shops, bars, restaurants and cafes. The beach promenade directly by the hotel, and is ideal for walks. You have got the possibility to take your breakfast at the main restaurant of the SENTIDO Aegean Pearl where a buffet is prepared to each meal. Moreover, you can enjoy your lunch at the snack bar which is directly next to the pool. In the evening you have got the possibility to choose between the buffet or the A la Carte-Restaurant. At the bar you can enjoy the sunset with a tasty drink. Many different watersport activities were offered next to the beach. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl is in cooperation with the diving school where you can schedule diving lessons. Furthremore, in the evening the hotel offers entertainment shows. The SENTIDO Aegean Pearl offers 4 different types of rooms: Comfort double rooms; Double rooms with private pool; Family suites; Suites with sea view ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Aegean Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aegean Pearl Hotel Rethymnon
- SENTIDO Aegean Pearl Rethymnon, Crete