All reviews open plan bathroom old town on arrival lovely hotel wellness centre sister hotel private pool star hotel every evening long trousers beach road beach towels very nice stay sea view glass door walk into town stayed here for a week
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel looks and feels contemporary and stylish. We had booked a twin room but the hotel provided a double mattress topper for our two single beds pushed together and we ended up with one of the most comfortable double beds we've ever had on any holiday. There was a DVD player in the room but this was not advertised in the TC travel brochure. There are 2 small pools at the front and back of the hotel (with limited sunlounger space) but we tended to use the public beach which is just across the road from the hotel, where the hotel provide free sun loungers for hotel guests. Our stay was just B&B with the breakfast buffet offering a wide selection. The hot breakfast food was not always warm but generally the food was good. For lunch, there is an excellent taverna called Mie Gustu which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel along the beachfront. We only had dinner once in the hotel but the buffet food was excellent. The staff at the hotel spoke really good English and were always helpful. Location wise, it is about 2 km to the centre of the old town of Rethymno, taking 35 mins to walk along the beachfront. A taxi costs 5 euro from just outside the hotel into the Old Town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen T T
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We arrived at 4am in the rain and after leaving Manchester at 10* in rain well you can just imagine what we were thinking. However the weather improved the walks in the hills were great with plenty to see. The meals although on the cool side at times were very good . The staff were brilliant ,so very helpfull and even the vice president and hotel manager took time out to speak to us. My wife wanted to bring the barman home (and she doesn't drink!!). We found the beach exciting and although we had a red flag some days so couldn't go in the sea, there was 3 pools to choose from. We had a super holiday and my wife and I still pratice our Greek dancing at home in the kitchen.

Room Tip: We had a room that overlooked a small swimming pool and a locals back garden, and loved it, it was so quiet! From the 2nd floor we could see the mountains,churches,and village life Brill!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyce-smith9
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel is more than fantastic. Great location - around 2 km to the centre of Rethymno, which makes about 20min of walk along a beach promenade. A private hotel's beach just 10 metres from the hotel - you just need to cross the street. Neighbourhood peaceful & quiet, but with souvenirs shop & supermarket nearby.
Hotel looks very prestigious, clean, elegant, but cosy at the same time. Staff friendly and helpful, speaking English, German, French. Perfect cleanness of the hotel and the room. Nice swimming pool (1.40m deep) with sunbeds and parasols. Also an indoor pool. Private beach with sunbeds and parasols free of charge.
Restaurant and bar. Food excellent, various cuisine - local specialties, typical dinner/breakfast food, always a variety of dishes and snacks to choose from. Alcohol cheaper than in bars in the city centre, all kinds available.
At the time of my stay the guests were mainly from Germany, UK, France, Russia, Poland, aged 30+, no kids.
Rooms amazing - clean, stylish, just PERFECT.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kasia D
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We've recently had a week at the Aegean Pearl and it was fantastic. The hotel, staff, food, drinks, service and atmospher all excellent and we were very pleased with our holiday.

We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived and we had a very relaxing time. On arrival, we had a welcome (soft) drink, (shame it wasn't cocktail!) and were taken to our room. Very nice decor and style of room, but the view was not a garden room and faced a red wall, so we moved. This wasnt a problem, but I don't think the room was ready for guests. It was the first week of the season (24 April), and although the room was presentable and tidy it was a little dusty and no welcome gift - although we received this the following day (wine & fruit). The only English channels on the tv are news (no films). Fridge into the room was useful as was the free safe. Rooms were cleaned every day and breakfast was good too. (we stayed B&B).

We ate in the hotel for the first night and had a very nice swordfish and wine, not bad price and great service.

The hotel is at the end of the main road into the resort and was quiet, with fantastic sea views and beach. The hotel bar/poor area is very nice an great staff. Cocktails are a must! The only negative is theat the chairs in the outside seating area are uncomfortable and they should change them.

A taxi to the old town is 5 euros (eash way) and bus 1 euro each way. Reception were very helpful to arrange and explain where the bus stops are. The walk was a little further than what we wanted!

All in all a very nice stay and we would recommend a visit. We would visit again and we're also looking into other resorts where there is a Sentido hotel.

Room Tip: we would have loved a sea view but all are good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cornishbex
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have recently returned from Aegean Pearl where I spent my may holidays together with the previous reviewer. Our vacation started with very nervous and unpleasant events which have nothing to do with this hotel nor with anything in Greece. however, this affected our moods negatively, and might have made our first impression unobjective. Since I have a slightly different opinion and emotions about our stay, I found it nesessary to add a few words from myself.

Indeed, the beach road in this area is not as pretty as in the center of Rethymno, but it is not something to care much about. The sunsets are beautiful notwithstanding the unpainted lampposts. As for the beach, I dare to explain the stuff in a more accurate way. The beach is not bad or dirty, and the water is crystal clean. It's just the lack of some landscape decoration that makes the beach looking not up to 5* standards. I doubt this is a hotel's fault since the beach is a state property and is separated from the hotel territory by the road. Still it wouldn't harm if they refurbish the equipment and try to make the place cozier.

The hotel is planned so that the buildings have no much space in between them, and the noises from outside of the room sometimes often reach the rooms. I couldn't say that was a big deal except a couple of nights when a company of guests were having kinda open air party in their balcony or the hotel court. Otherwise, there was no problem for me. Even if there was an entertainment program in the central court, it never lasted later that 11p.m. and actually the music was nice and not agressive.

The food somewhat disappointed us in the beginning, especially the cold and dessert tables at dinners. But I can say that the food improved a lot durubg the 2nd week of our stay. The choice and quality of the main courses became very decent, and Cretan specialities started to be served every day. Also, walnuts and seeds were added to the menu. However, there is still a lot to do about the desserts and starters which were very plain, also more seafood is expected to be served in 5*. I would describe the food maybe not really 5* but "very good". Fortunately, food is one of the simplest things to improve, it doesn't need a hotel reconstruction :)

The main pool is not big but luckily deep enough. Maybe the staff knws the way how to make space for more people in the pool area, when it is needed.

Particularly, I would like to mention the wellness center. While the interior and equipment matches rather 4* standards, the service is outstanding, mostly due to Mr.Manolis who is extremely friendly and hospitable, not to mention his skills in all sorts of massage. I got perfect results during the massage course, and the price was reasonable

I absolutely agree with the previous reviewer about ve an the rooms design ans quality - they are excellent and well equipped. The beds are just superb with orthopedic bases, comfortable matrasses and even they have an additional thin matrass on top. Extremely good sleep! Ok, Bathroom is open, enough said about this. It's now up to you to decide if this suits you.

All in all, I enjoyed staying in Aegean Pearl a lot and I found it a very nice and relaxing place. I believe that with their determination to help the guests feel good in all ways, the hotel staff will definitely find the ways to fix those smaller issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple