All reviews main restaurant animation team greek taverna taka taka beach bar smaller quieter all inclusive hotel superior bungalow free minute main pool private beach afternoon pancakes thatched umbrellas mama mia wide area the beach is very nice heated pool
Reviewed 26 May 2012

The suite accommodation and surroundings were excellent. Having never experienced an all inclusive holiday before, I found the whole package superb. The cuisine during all dining hours were of the finest quality, numerous choices, delicious recipes and freshly prepared/served (no evidence of frozen or microwave use!) The bars and restaurant drink variety and service are to be commended. The Animation Team worked hard, always with a smile, and provided a variety of entertainment. Although myself and friend appeared to be the only English during our stay, the atmosphere and friendliness throughout was very good. My friend who was wheelchair bound was treated with the utmost respect by both guests and staff which helped to make her feel so comfortable. The receptionists went the extra mile for us and were so very helpful. So impressed, I'm considering returning in September.

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe suites have 2 patio areas - one from bedroom and one from living area. Surrounded by beautiful gardens providing a tranquil and pleasant experience.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Margaret1947
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed at the hotel and absoloutely loved it. The hotel staff are friendly and pleasant. It was my 24th b/day and the hotel manager and the staff went out of there way, arranged through my family who couldn't be with me to make it very special. We are looking to go back again next year, this time with my family. The views from our hotel were lovely, the rooms clean. Food was great every night. They have different themes and some meals are still catered for those who like there pasta's, chips, and aren't looking to try out anything else. The Tzatsiki was our favourite. So was the Greek evening. Our Barman though absoloutely made our entire trip his name was Kostas. The animation team are friendly are do a great job trying to involve everyone with shows and fun throughout the day and evening. I would highely recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
7  Thank AlexMilanAc
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I and my 16 months old daughetr just returned from one week holiday in Agapi Beach hotel and I must admit that I was very satisfied with the comfort we had during our stay there. The resort itself is very nice, located very close to a beach, with a beautiful garden, few pools located in different parts of the resort, several bars and restaurants. The quality of food was very good, there was also food prepared for children. Service was also good although sometimes waitresses were so quick with cleaning our dishes that we had to ask for new ones. The room was spacious with nice view on pool. The only bad thing was the matrace. In case you do travel with small kids, it is definitelly recommended to stay in this hotel. I would maybe recommend to the hotel to be bit more prepared for families with small kids - less stairs and plastic dishes.

Room Tip: Bungalows with view to the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank TinMa
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We´ve just returned from our holiday at Agapi Beach. It´s was our first beach holiday with our children (2 and 5 years old) and we had a lovely time.
Our two-room family room in the main building was spacious enough to accommodate the four of us. The restaurant, beach, kids club and swimming pools were nearby. The premises were well taken care of.
Food was tasteful. Especially considering the amount that has to be prepared.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. We surely recommend this hotel for a relaxed holiday at the beach.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Wereldreiziger
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I maybe should first say that i do not see myself as a "voyage critic" (at it annoys me to see other people playing with their oppinions sometimes.
Rooms: clean, cosy, big enough!
Beach: clean, sandy, enough umbrellas and beds
Food: we realize there is better food on earth, but while there, we enjoyed it!
Personnel: there are hidden gems there!!! People that would do anything to please you! And i do mean anything - from cocktails to room service, we nearly adopted a beach dog with the help of the manager!
Outside: shops, restaurants, bus station, everything you need to change from the hotel. (15 min from Heraklion), many renting facilities
The only down side of this hotel: the pool is small; but with the sea 30 meters away.. we only went in for curiosity once.

Once more, the bartenders are absolutly wonderful human beings!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple