1,170 results
All reviews comfort room harbour view excellent hotel star hotel breakfast and dinner rooftop pool coffee machine room service business trip hotel staff mini bar perfect location nice stay family room clean rooms hotel is located city centre
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We stayed at The Aquila Atlantis together with other family members and guests for our son's traditional Greek Wedding to a local girl in September. We could not ask for more. The hotel rooms were excellent....clean and smart. As we were travelling with my elderly mother in law we were keen to have either interconnecting or adjoining rooms. Our concern had been listened to and our request fulfilled on check in. We enjoyed the roof top pool wth fab views over the Venetian harbour. The breakfasts were tasty. A special mention should be made regarding the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. They were always courteous and polite. Particular mention should be made of Sofia and Maria on reception who provided us with an extra warm welcome. All the staff were v excited that our son was marrying a local Heraklion girl and even decorated their room to include a bottle of champagne on their wedding night. Such a nice touch and greatly appreciated.We also found the bar staff very friendly and helpful. We could not fault any of the staff. The hotel is also v convenient for exploring all the ancient lanes of Heraklion as well as visiting the ancient site of Knossos plus the archaeological museum. All in all we couldn't fault our stay and would highly recommend this hotel if staying in central Heraklion. It was the icing on the cake for a wonderful wedding experience on such a hospitable island.

Stayed: September 2018
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose the Aquila Atlantis Hotel for your son’s wedding. It was our absolute pleasure to host your special day. May I take this opportunity on behalf of Aquila Hotels & Resorts to offer our congratulations once again and trust that you had a wonderful day.

Thank you for providing valuable feedback about your overall experience. I am delighted to know that your stay was so amazing. It is always so wonderful to receive such a positive personal recommendation. Your praise has been shared with the whole of my team. I am sure they would ask me to pass on their thanks to you for your kind words.

Congratulations once again and we look forward to welcoming you at the Aquila Atlantis Hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Great location, central with good breakfast. Clean rooms. The best part about the hotel was the staff. Check -in was at 2pm, but we arrived early at 8:30 and within 10 mins, they allotted us a room, early, at no extra charge. Arranged taxis throughout and on the day of checkout, specially arranged a breakfast at 6AM. Very helpful with all enquiries. Would definitely stay there next time

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday.

I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the level of service provided by my team, they really are a great asset to our hotel, as they are ultimately the “face” of the business. I have forwarded your kind compliments to the team and I am sure they would ask me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I will simply stick to the basics here dividing into positives n negatives.

Positives:
1. Central position, very close to Port and museum.
2. Dinner and breakfast spread was good. Dinner was very reasonable @ 17 euros each.
3. Room was spacious.

Negatives:

1. There is no concierge or bellboy to carry your luggage from entrance to room and neither during check out. You have to haul them on your own. This basic service is now provided even in 3* hotels and they call themselves 5*. Absolutely disgusting.
2. Though room was spacious, the bath and toilets are segregated as 2 separate units, which is mighty inconvenient. Coffee percolator without water is kept at a height where if you not tall enough you either forego coffee or need to stand on a chair.
4. The lift should be donated to an antiquity museum. Without luggage 4 ppl might just squeeze in provided you are not well endowed. With luggage only 2. It screeches at almost every floor.

Service is mediocre. Reception staffs were cold and would have preferred to be anywhere else.

I personally would never stay here again, neither would I recommend it. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable and constructive feedback following your stay at the Aquila Atlantis Hotel.

Our primary goal is the satisfaction of our valued guests and I am sorry to read that this time we didn’t quite meet your expectations. We believe and certainly it is the opinion of the vast majority of our guests that our hotel meets the rating it has been awarded and therefore I was very sorry to learn of your own personal opinion.

Nevertheless, it is only on receiving such feedback that we are able to maintain improve the standard of service that we provide to our valued guests. Rest assured that I will share your comments with my team so that any necessary action may be taken.

I do hope this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us and we look forward to having the chance to give you a more positive experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

a centrally located luxurious hotel; grand lobby with a bar-cum- snacks bar as extension. very friedly staff. a few minutes' walk to main musuem, sea front and downtown revelry and food joints. taxi to knossos palace organised by hotel at a cheaper rate than outside. great overall experience

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel for your holiday and for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. My team will be delighted to know that they met your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

I was also pleased to learn that you were impressed with the location of our hotel. Our central position does mean guests are within walking distance of the city centre and port, which we feel are some of our key selling points, and as you will see from other reviews, most guests are very impressed with this.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Beautifully clean and nothing was too much trouble for the staff . The rooms were lovely and I must mention the shower .... ! It was amazing good pressure and lovely hot water , I could have stood under it for hours ! The balcony was clean but could get a bit noisy at certain times of day . The breakfast and evening buffet in the Hotel Restaurant provided a great selection and variety of hot and cold food buffet style . Tea , coffee and wine were speedily obtained by the waiting staff as and when required . Although the hotel was very close to the extremely busy flight path I soon got used to that and would certainly stay in the his hotel again .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful holiday and we thank you very much for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel.

I am very pleased that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. Your positive comments have been shared with the whole of my team. We are always very appreciative of all feedback we receive and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Thank you once again for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.