My partner and I stayed at the Elounda Bay Palace for a relaxing break in the sun in June 2011. In my opinion it's a great "4 star plus" hotel but lacks the wow factor of a 5 star. If you stay here you'll have a really good holiday with nothing major to complain about but it won't blow you away. It wouldn't for example stack up against the Amathus Beach Hotel in Cyprus.
The Best Bits:
* The hotel grounds are beautiful and it has a couple of private beaches which are visible from the main pool.
* The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Elounda village which has a lovely harbour - head down there for lunch or drinks in the evening.
* Service is of a very high standard, all the staff were polite and friendly.
*Food at the buffet was excellent as was the local wine!
The Niggly Bits:
* Air conditioning in the rooms isn't particularly strong and it's centrally controlled so you can't make it cooler which caused a few issues sleeping at night.
* The drinks are a little expensive resulting in not many people staying in the bar at night - no atmosphere. Not a huge issue though -just pop down into Elounda instead.
* The rooms are a little bit dated in terms of decor but still very clean and tidy. Don't bother upgrading to a garden room - it's not worth it. The sea view rooms are great.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elounda Bay Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Bay Palace Hotel Elounda
- Bay Palace Hotel Elounda
- Elounda Bay Palace Crete