2,262 results
All reviews mirabello restaurant lobby bar a la carte restaurants elounda village main restaurant greek night mythica package half board sea view all inclusive package buffet restaurant beach area bungalow room gala dinner beach bag infinity pool glass of champagne
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The food is not 5* Ive had better choice in a 3*.
2nd night there was chunks of cod chicken drumsticks and pork roll Very fatty and as every night spaghetti Bolognese pizza.not 5* food poor selection of cooked vegetables
No smoked salmon for breakfast
Very cramped food area.
We will not return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trevor g
General M, General Manager at Tui Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback following your stay at the TUI Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila.

Our primary goal is the satisfaction of our valued guests and I am disheartened to read that this time we didn’t meet your expectations.

I would like to apologise that you were unhappy with quality of food at our hotel. This is a difficult subject on which to comment, as what will appeal to one person may not appeal to another. We do our utmost to cater for all our guests and we do believe that the vast majority of our guests are happy with the food on offer. However I am sorry if the food served was not to your personal satisfaction.

It is only on receiving such feedback that we are able to maintain improve the standard of service that we provide to our valued guests. Rest assured that I will share your comments with my Head Chef so that any necessary action may be taken.

I do hope this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us and we look forward to having the chance to give you a more positive experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Stayed here end of September 18 for 1 week. Could not fault this resort. We had a garden view bungalow but top one. We looked out at sea one side and golf course and hills the other. Shame there was an unfinished building next door otherwise we could have seen right down coast to elounda town. Room was excellent and the double shower I wanted to take home. ha ha. 7ft bed tea, coffee and a mini bar. Every thing in fridge is included if you are all inclusive. We used the main infinity pool and always got beds. Beach area is nice but we preferred pool got better service there with
drinks. ( Hotel manager, you need a toilet nearer pool ) Went out on the TUI Spinalonga trip. Well worth it. STAFF/FOOD AND SERVICE EXCELLENT. Entertainment was appropriate for Adult only. Also met some nice people. See some people moaned about prices but that's why we go all Inclusive. Think it is better value. We will Definitely go back. Our room 753.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bob w
General M, General Manager at Tui Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the TUI Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila and for taking the time to provide us with your excellent review.

I am delighted to read your wonderful comments in relation to your stay. The fact that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us is a real compliment to my team. Our aim is to provide our guests with a relaxing holiday experience and from your review, it is obvious that we have achieved this.

It is also encouraging to know that you found the food to be of a high quality. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and I will ensure our Restaurant Manager & Head Chef are made aware of your positive feedback.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we do hope that you will consider visiting us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

This hotel is set in a village like resort. Beautiful surroundings and very peaceful.
The staff are very friendly and professional and are all well presented.
We stayed as a couple on a half board basis the first week of October 2018.

Our room was a double room with a garden view and was a lovely sized room. Our double bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in whilst on holiday!
The room came with little added extra’s; A safe, slippers, dressing gowns, beach bag, beach towels and toiletries. The mini bar came at an extra charge but we never used it and in fact just used the fridge to keep our own drinks cool.

The maid’s cleaned our room on a daily basis and provided us with fresh towels.

As mentioned we stayed half board, we got breakfast and dinner.
There was a few occasions we went out for dinner and swapped our evening meal for lunch, which the hotel gladly accommodated.
The buffet breakfast served a wide range of choices, continental or full English!
The dinner buffet was just as good and served once again a wide range of different foods, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The desserts were to die for and were always so much to choose from! Including a chocolate fountain!
What I liked about the buffet, is it also seemed to be fresh. There was always chef's behind the cooking stations, constantly cooking and would gladly accommodate your needs if there was something you wanted that was not on the buffet. For example; one morning I wanted an omelette and the chef made me one.
It has to be one of the best buffets I have come across whilst abroad.
There are other restaurants within the hotel; The Mirabello, The Culinaruim and The Firepit, we didn’t try any of these but they all seemed nice but they did come with an extra cost.
We did use the beach bar a few times, for light snacks at lunch times and they were a reasonable price.

One thing to keep in mind; This hotel seems to run on a tab. When ordering drinks or snacks, whether it is from the bar, restaurant or beach bar, they will put it onto your room number and create a tab. This is all well and good but you don’t realise how much your bill is adding up to.
We used to just pay cash as we went or if we did create a tab we would just pay for it at the end of each day. Just so we could keep on top of everything.

We used the main infinity pool a few times, did find it abit cold at times but that could have been to do with the time of the year and the current temperature. We found the sea to be a lot warmer.
The pool side and beach area, was very clean and tidy and we never struggled to find a sun bed. They also offered a waiter service; someone would come up and take you drinks orders.

The hotel has a mini market on site but does charge a lot for the little things, i.e water, snacks. You would properly be best of going into Elounda and going to one of the supermarkets and picking up the basis things you may need for half the cost

All in all we had a great stay in Crete!
Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are after a peaceful get away holiday!

Room Tip: Garden views in the quieter part of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy G

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the TUI Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I never normally write review s, but I do find them useful to read. So this time I thought I would as we had been looking forward to this holiday as it seemed to have amazing review s,
And it was also very costly, so you do expect the best. Which I don't feel we received in many ways. Firstly the room we had although clean I felt was jaded and old fashioned and the bathroom had a small bath with a very average shower. Can't say I thought wow. My husband requested a sea view. Which we didn't really have they had to chop a large parmesan tree down so we could see the sea. And gave us a complementary meal after we made a complaint. We complained to the hotel reception in the end . As the tui rep Sarah was the most unhelpful uninterested unprofessional rep I have ever come across. Her words to us were if you can see the sea then you've got a sea view. At which point I thought there is no point in talking to you . Thanks a bunch. Anyway on the bright side we did enjoy the food. And we loved the infinity pool, the gardens and the view s. We also hired a car which was well worth doing as we went up into the mountains. And went off sight seeing. We did get the happy train to Eulanda which is a sweet little place for a wonder round. We went half board so we had lunch out a few times which we enjoyed. The Greak night was really fantastic. The entertainment generally was ok ish. Nothing to amazing. The staff were very polite and professional in there services. We did wind down but there were things that we were not so happy about one was 4 Euros for a bottle of filtered water! That was shocking you think a hotel so say 5 stars could provide a bottle of water with a half board evening meal ! Never ever been on holiday and had to spend that amount on water. Hope this is helpful to future guests.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johanna C

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the TUI Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila for your holiday and for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. My team will be delighted to know that they met your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy that you were unable to see the sea from your room. However, I was pleased to note that upon speaking to my team, it was arranged for the tree obscuring the view to be trimmed.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The clue is in the name. It is much more than a hotel and more of a luxurious experience living in what feels like a designer Greek village. The site slopes down to a small beach and access is best suited to those without mobility problems. The sloping layout makes good use of a sheltered site with glorious views of the bay. Our de luxe room had all that we wanted and we also had two very comfortable sun beds on the balcony looking out to sea. Service was excellent and customer care was a top priority for all the staff. The atmosphere was friendly, relaxed very courteous but not at all stuffy. There were many on-site activities which guests could opt into or sidestep just as they wished. Those responsible for the activities were helpful and readily accessible without being 'in your face' which happens at some hotels. The main restaurant provided a wide range of excellent meal choices and the layout provided opportunities for dining in different environments within the same restaurant. Those wanting something extra special had the opportunity to venture beyond the all inclusive package and pay more for something memorable, should the need arise or the budget allow. There was a choice of dining experiences beyond the main restaurant and these provided a feeling of 'going out in the evening' within the village environment Evening enterainment in the lobby bar was diverse and generally provided an opportunity for dancing for those wanting to partake. At the dining spots away from the main restaurant there was a more intimate atmosphere helped along by high quality musicians who always seem to hit the right mood. Guests were from the France, Germany and the UK and blended well together because they enjoyed the same things. The vast majority of guests respected the evening dress code. A few seemed to have the need to wear baseball caps the wrong way round during their evening meal and some sported ripped jeans! They would have felt more comfortable elsewhere! We have over thirty years experience of Greek Nights' but the two Greek nights at Eliounda
topped the lot. We had one mishap during the holiday, very much of our own making and it was dealt with commendably by the Guest Relations Manager and her team. The world is a big place and so we avoid repeat visits but this place left us keen to return.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 and 202 had spacious balconies blessed with plenty of sunshine.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was delighted to learn that you loved our hotel so much and that we exceeded your expectations. Our aim at the TUI Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila is to ensure that our guests receive a first class service and it is wonderful to receive such a positive, personal recommendation, one which we highly value and appreciate.

Please be assured that your praise has been shared with the whole of my team and I am sure they would ask me to pass on their thanks to you. It means a great deal to my team and I to know that our efforts have been appreciated.

It was a great pleasure to host you and thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.