“Accommodation to surprise friend”
Review of Hotel Tina

and 1 more site!
Hotel Tina
Ranked #97 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Hotel Tina is a low price budget hotel with no frills. You get what you pay for but....the service you receive (to me) exceeds expectations. Room is cleaned daily and bedding/towels replenished every other day. Mein host Nikos is very hands on and happy to provide any local knowledge to help assist you to ensure your visit will be a happy and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Although hotel situated on a back street, due to Chanias road system I don't think any room woul...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I was booked via Bookings.Com by my travelling mate Clive Wall into the Tina Hotel, in Chania, Crete, but when I arrived I found it was nothing like the blurb described it.
Despite the fact we had emailed agead with arrival details found at 10 pm it was firmly locked up and the lights were virtually out.
Finally roused a bemused and confused lady who spoke no English and didn't know anything about our bookings.
She finally suggested a shared room but when we protested she called someone (presumably one of the managers/owners) and handed me the phone.
This guy informed me that because our rooms were upstairs and no lift he would get his brother to come over in the morning and carry my heavy bags up.
At this point I walked out and walked down the block where I was able to snap up the last room at the Kydon Hotel.
Price including (an excellent) breakfast (none at Tina) was slightly more than Tina's.
Staff and ammenities at Kydon were excellent.
The pain came when I discovered the Tina had already put through a FULL charge for an eight day booking (on Mr Walk's credit card) although I did not stay there. Bookings.Com really need to clean this up.
What should have been an enjoyable holiday turned into a bit of a nightmare.
I can only warn people re the "rats nest" that it Tina Hotel and the ruthless, money grubbing owners.
But, I can recommend the Kydon as a pleasant and friendly destination,

Nicholas Columb

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and for a budget hotel it was excellent. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, and helpful. The bathrooms large enough with plenty of hot water. The location is good, walking distance to old town and the harbor. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Basic hotel. Clean comfy rooms. Bang in the city so handy for everything. Lots of bars and restaurants and only a stroll to harbour. Nothing to do in hotel but it's ok for a short stay. No TVs no phones. No bar. But you only sleep there at the end of the day.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I stayed for 3 nights,26th-29th of March 2017.A superb experience from start to finish. Niko the owner was so helpful and told me a lot about the area and gave me a map of the town.A very kind and helpful host.
It is a budget hotel so do not expect the standards of the Ritz/Hilton.It is a clean and friendly place to spend some time visiting the wonderful town of Chania and getting to know the wonderful people there.I even had a small kitchen area in my room and a balcony...

I would definitely go again.A little gem.

Best wishes.