All reviews yogurt old town crete greece each morning nice ladies located within walking distance hotel entrance taxi transfer old world feel beautiful small hotel private terrace central position top floor local honey perfect location venetian harbour samaria gorge hike
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Belmondo is in the heart of the Old Port. It's about twenty minutes by local bus, then a ten minute walk, from where the ferries pull in. It's an excellent location with an easy walk to restaurants and bars that line the Venetian harbour. Some rooms have views of the harbour.
Breakfast was served daily with coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt, toast and jams, pastry, and something hot. The bathroom was clean.
The cleaning staff were thorough, including moving my things - that I wasn't too happy about.
There are stairs in the hotel and parking is a 5 - 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

We booked one of the sea facing suites for us and the kids at an affordable price and were surprised by the friendly staff, authentic and nice style of the hotel, as well as the breakfast on the private terrace. Hotel is situated in the very center of the picturesque old town.
We will go again!

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed with 2 children in this fantastic, small and friendly hotel for Oct 1/2 term.
The staff were so friendly and helpful.
We opted for breakfast, which was different each day and served out on the balcony.
There's a 'city beach' roughly a 10 minute walk west, which the children played on.
What an absolute treat (for us), right in the heart of Chania Old Town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

This is ideally located in the heart of the old town harbor. Beautiful views, large charming rooms and central location with an awesome staff ( Ria). Ria went above and beyond to help us with arrangements with taxi, stay and advice where to go and see. This being in the heart of the old port can let a little ambient noise in through the double pane windows but it was expected and showed how vibrant the city and culture is. The room was quiet though and allowed a good nights sleep. Shopping and quality food is literally outside the entrance to the hotel. Arriving early will help with getting your luggage to the hotel, although the staff is ready to help as is the taxi company they use.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwiltens
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I really enjoyed my time in hotel Belmondo. The staff are extremely kind and helpful before and during my stay. I contacted the hotel through e-mail before my trip to ask about tours and hotel transfers to the airport and received quick responses every time. The service was impeccable when we were there as well. I highly recommend booking a room with a sea view. It was nice to have breakfast and hang out on the balcony. The hotel has the perfect view of the old town. A month later, I still find myself reminiscing about breakfast on the Belmondo balcony. The location of the hotel is also perfect. It is located in the old town and walking distance to everything you need to see. The bus terminal is also close by. Overall, I highly recommend staying in Belmondo.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple