“Fresh gyros, great calamari & fantastic desserts!”
Review of Ellinon Gefsis

Ellinon Gefsis
Ranked #231 of 510 Restaurants in Chania Town
Price range: US$2 - US$23
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: In the restaurant Ellinon Gefseis will enjoy local traditional gyros and food with local produce.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Love a quick 'grab & go' gyros from this place. Charalambos (Harry) the owner is a friendly, attentive and all round lovely guy! The meat they use for the gyros is packed using fresh meat (I've watched them do it several times).

I've tried the pork gyros, which I highly recommend. Most places just put yogurt inside, but they give you a choice of yogurt or tzatziki (one of my favourite dips/dressings). They also do killer desserts, such as sweet crepes and amazing waffles!
I also had an omelette for breakfast, one time, and it was very tasty.

My family & I ordered take away gyros from here, before going on Captain Nick's Glass Bottom Boat. They were fast, the gyros wrapped really well, and so stayed nice and hot.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

On our visit the staff were very welcoming and friendly-just what you want when wandering around trying to decide where to 'pitch in'.
Its a place for 'gyros':.... and garlic bread...-and chips! .....nicely prepared. Great price and lovely service. We visited 'early' in the evening (18;30) and it was half full; two hours later it was packed and vibrant.
Recommended for a family or a 'cheap eat' rather than a 'special date'!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a quick lunch and this proved perfect! They are having special offers but even without the offers the food is very quick and very cheap. This is the place if looking for street food!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I initially regretted patronizing this Resto but I immediately changed my mind when I tasted my pizza!

The flatbread of the pizza was so special, unique and super nice. The flatbread topped with cheese and turkey ham made the whole pizza heavenly! It was probably the best pizza I ever had in my life, so much better than the pizza served in any 5-star Italian Resto. You will never regret ordering it!

I also had the stuffed (with rice) vine leaves for the first time. Never liked food that is sour but this one delicious.

The two male owners (I presume) were very very friendly. They would never decline anyone asking for help. I really enjoyed the warm hospitality and the pizza!

The Resto is located right in front of the Venetian Harbour so it would be beautiful to have dinner here with sunset as the background.

Ambience : 3.5/5
Taste : 5/5
Quality of food served : 5/5
Price reasonability : 5/5
Friendliness : 5/5
Waiting time : 5/5

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff always feel welcome

I have been in this restaurant numerous times on my 3 week stay in chania

Best place in harbour for "gyros" by far and cheapest too by a landslide, and tastes great

I recommend just coming here even for a drink and i guarantee you will come back for more, i have.

1  Thank Harry T