All reviews underground parking five floors old town room was clean and comfortable a wonderful stay every morning venetian harbour receptionist petros cretan
Reviewed 31 August 2018

... a very beautiful stylish hotel, 5 minutes walking from the old port and the center of the town. Clean and quiet as all rooms have a view to the nearby park. Friendly environment and the best breakfast in town.
...there is also an indoor parking that very convenient in Chania

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have spent 7 wonderful nights at this hotel and we both couldn’t fault it. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and breakfast has a good selection. The location is around a 10 minute walk from the harbour. We have stayed in many great hotels around the world and rate this as being one of our favourites. Neil and Joanna room 13

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We stayed one night at the Avra City Hotel since we arrived in the evening and it was close to the airport.

The location is good (walking distance of City center), there is private parking, the entrance looks nice and the staff are friendly.

The standard rooms are a bit outdated and the breakfast is average.

Room tip: Take the superior because standard rooms are basic.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. Its ambiance is pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast was surprisingly delicious. Front desk staff very nice. The rooms were well kept, modern, and comfortable. I recommend upgrading to the superior room (was only $50 more and much bigger room with much more amenities).

Only downside is location. It’s not on the harbor. There’s a zoo nearby so you hear the birds sometimes. Not surrounded by any nice restaurants or anything. But...it’s only a 10 minute walk to the harbor and bustling restaurant area. I think it was well worth it considering the harbor hotels were a lot more money.

Overall a terrific hotel experience, but if being right on the water is important to you then you might not like it. For me, a 10 minute walk to save a couple hundred $$ was well worth it

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I\ve just finished a 34 day stay at the Avra City Hotel. I was a fantastic home away from home. They offer a well priced breaffast buffet in the morning to start your day off right. The location is excellent. Just a few minutes to the old port for exploring, shopping and dining. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and an amazing marble shower! Most importantly the staff are fantastic. I was with a large group. Each one of us was assisted by the staff in some manner or other, always with a big smile. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2018