All reviews underground parking old town wifi worked well room was clean and comfortable late check a wonderful stay venetian harbour receptionist petros balcony cretan
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have spent 7 wonderful nights at this hotel and we both couldn’t fault it. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and breakfast has a good selection. The location is around a 10 minute walk from the harbour. We have stayed in many great hotels around the world and rate this as being one of our favourites. Neil and Joanna room 13

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We stayed one night at the Avra City Hotel since we arrived in the evening and it was close to the airport.

The location is good (walking distance of City center), there is private parking, the entrance looks nice and the staff are friendly.

The standard rooms are a bit outdated and the breakfast is average.

Room Tip: Take the superior because standard rooms are basic.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. Its ambiance is pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast was surprisingly delicious. Front desk staff very nice. The rooms were well kept, modern, and comfortable. I recommend upgrading to the superior room (was only $50 more and much bigger room with much more amenities).

Only downside is location. It’s not on the harbor. There’s a zoo nearby so you hear the birds sometimes. Not surrounded by any nice restaurants or anything. But...it’s only a 10 minute walk to the harbor and bustling restaurant area. I think it was well worth it considering the harbor hotels were a lot more money.

Overall a terrific hotel experience, but if being right on the water is important to you then you might not like it. For me, a 10 minute walk to save a couple hundred $$ was well worth it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I\ve just finished a 34 day stay at the Avra City Hotel. I was a fantastic home away from home. They offer a well priced breaffast buffet in the morning to start your day off right. The location is excellent. Just a few minutes to the old port for exploring, shopping and dining. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and an amazing marble shower! Most importantly the staff are fantastic. I was with a large group. Each one of us was assisted by the staff in some manner or other, always with a big smile. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

As i travel with work and friends i use Tripadvisor frequently to locate hotel of stay. I usually agree with their ratings but this one is not rated what it deserves/5 stars. From arriving at the front desk and being resieved by the wonderful, professional Assistant manager Katerina. She went out of her way to make us feel at home, such a special touch. The room is quaint / fresh and bright. The breakfast is deverse and healthy for all. Then we meet Evangelia, the front desk receptionist, another beautiful , friendly lady. Then we meet Pedros and Anastasios, very nice and accomodating . Then at breakfast we meet Noda , makes us special Greek coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. What can i say other than you must come and enjoy their hospitality.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends