“Authentic Cretan Food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't read any reviews before I went there, I just looked at the crowd and saw lots of locals so I knew that place was the right place to try Cretan kitchen. I had stir-fry lamb cooked in olive oil and wine which was served with fried potatoes. It was a big portion and very well cooked. The meat was very soft and well marinated. Also they brought tasty toasted breads and complimentary desert at the end.

Both inside and outside was well decorated and cosy and service was fast and friendly.

2  Thank NalanSa

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Excellent place to go for dinner. Great value - the extra deserts and fruit were great. The food was exceptional. We were 5 people dining and everything we ordered was both interesting (bitter greens which I think are chicory) but excellent. Would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

In the street with the minaret (which you can see when sitting outside) this place does excellent imaginative food - the salad and the aubergine dishes we had were wonderful. It's far from being a tourist venue - there's no churning out of food here, but rather it's carefully prepared. The service was at the peak of Cretan charm - delightful people.

2  Thank africaguy
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Restaurant Oinopoieio
Is Located in an alley Away from the hectic tourism part of Chania which for me made this restaurant a perfect place to have Dinner.

The Food
When eating in an Authentic greek restaurant like Oinopoieio, my experience tells me to not order food as how you usually do. Instead we choose 4 different dishes and had then all served at once (like a meze).
The food we had was not only inviting, tasteful and fresh but Also reflected the Authentic greek kitchen which you want from a place like this!

The Service
Was top quality! The male servant was smiling, friendly and made us as a couple Feel Very welcome. This guy deserves a star for himself. God job!

Last Words
If you are tired of regular tourism food and want to have a taste of greek with quality service, then it would be a shame not to visit Restaurant Oinopoieio!
5 stars!

1  Thank stefank294
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with 2 friends and we were all thrilled by the delivious food and the friendly stuff! We ordered a lot of different plates and we couldnt stop eating and enjoying every bite! Very good prices as well! Would definitely recommend everyone to try it!