“Great place to stay!”

Fatma Hanoum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 117 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed with my family in Fatma for three nights during the Easter holidays (13th to 16th April). We booked Guzel and Yildiz. Both rooms are beautifully decorated and well equipped with what one would usually expect to find in a five star hotel room. Guzel is more spacious and thus more comfortable than Yildiz, but Yildiz has a beautiful private and spacious balcony. Although the hotel is very small (only 6 rooms) and thus not fully-serviced the service during breakfast, check-in, check-out, as well as the hospitality of the staff, was excellent and by far one of the best we have experienced in a hotel (we are experienced travellers and have stayed in numerous five-star hotels around the world). We will definitely be coming back! Thank you for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have had the opportunity to travel the world and stay in some amazing hotels. Fatma Hanoum is definately is in my top 5 hotels to stay in the world. I stayed here on 2 separate occasions. The first time was near the end of summer, it was one of the most relaxing weekends in months. The staff went well out of their way to ensure I had the best Chanai experiance possible. The breakfast was amazing. Pretty much, if I wanted something, Virginia would go and get it for me. I was more than satisfied with eggs and bacon plus all the fresh fruit, breads and olives you could handle. The second time in Chania, I made sure I was able to get a room at Fatma. The night manager is an awesome character, super friendly and an football fanatic. The staff was super accommodating when I showed up with a bicycle, making room in the storage area for it. I hope I can make it back to Chania, a beautiful town with one of the most amazing hotels I have had the opportunity to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Wayward_BC_Sailor
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The hotel is very new. It has a few rooms only. Every room is very beautifully decorated, as well as the lobby area and the sitting and breakfast room. The room I stayed was very nice with cocomat mattress and linens. The bathroom was small but also very beautiful. I found all amenities I usually find at a 5 star hotel room, as well as an espresso machine for free use. The room was very romantic and well equipped, real 5 star. The hotel however is not a full service hotel, so it is mainly a hotel to stay in the room and then go out, not to spend time in hotel premises. No restaurant in the hotel. However breakfast is served and it is very tasteful.
There is only one person that works in the hotel during the day and there is not reception service during the night. Generally, it offers very nice accommodation in old town, but do not expect high service or activities in the hotel premises.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MCEAAthens
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Very nice location, excellent decoration friendly stuff but loud.
Cheap breakfast base on room rates, loud stuff and music could be heard in room even with all windows closed and aircondition and tv on, not letting you take an early sleep or an afternoon nap.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Cotsos
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We spent a couple of days in this excellent traditional boutique hotel. We were very attracted to to the story of the building which is related to a great but wicked love: "Fatma Hanoum, a beautiful married woman gives her heart to another man. However, Ahmet Bey was informed that his beloved wife was cheating on him with a prominent member of the Turkish-Cretan society. Unable to verify or disprove the story, Ahmet Bey decided to leave Chania and to flee with his wife to Istanbul. Just before death Fatma said: "If I could choose a moment of my life and remain there until eternity, I just want one, the first kiss with the man that I loved more than anyone else in my life, in my house in Chania... ". The sense of this romantic feeling is allover this hotel.
Our room was very spacious, the decoration was very stylish and its lighting was creating a magical atmosphere. The bed was the most confortable we ever had!
The breakfast is served at a stylish bar where you can enjoy the enchanting atmosphere with its colorful, bohemian, lighted tables.
The kind and friendly staff was always there to offer information and suggestions for our leisure time. As it is situated in the heart of Chania’s charming old town, within a short walking distance you can find many shops, restaurants and night clubs.
Simply fantastic stay, i definately recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple