“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Dropped into this little restaurant for lunch (they close in the evening). Everything is fresh and the menu constructed from scratch each day. The waiter asked us to come with him to see the daily menu on a blackboard next to the open kitchen (always a good sign). He showed us the dishes of the day - octopus and the chicken stew looked fabulous, although frankly we could've picked half a dozen other wonderful things. As expected, the food was outstandingly tasty; accompanying organic wine brilliant. Then came the obligatory raki and dessert taster. OMG. Panna Cotta beyond magical - best ever. Value for money? Off the scale.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

They cook with fresh local ingredients daily until they run out and then they close up shop for the day. Very unassuming from the outside. We were recommend to try this place by a local resident and oh my goodness, some of the most delicious food that I have ever eaten. Most of the food in Crete is pretty decent if you pick the right restaurants, but this place takes it to the next level. The menu changes consistently so there will always be something new to try. I had the best pork ribs of my life here. You must stop here for a meal if you visit Chania!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Chania Old Town, just off Splantzia Square. I really shouldn't post this because the place is already busy and I wouldn't want to lose my lunch table to too many new customers, but, then again, I cannot begrudge the owners of Kouzina EPE some extra customers. Kouzina only does lunch, but from about 12 to after 7, so that's a pretty lunch lunch if that's what you're after. The food is very good, some of the tastiest I have had in Chania. Excellent fish soup, a simple but wonderfully tasting chicken in barbecue sauce, and a wide range of other Greek dishes, either chosen from the menu or from the selection of daily dishes on show at the counter. The restaurant has a busy inside area and a generally quieter garden. Service is great and very friendly. And this place serves one of the most divine panna cotta-type desserts I have ever tasted. At an average price of 25 euros for lunch for two including wine, this restaurant is very good value.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a different restaurant during lunch when I bumped into a local lady who told me about this restaurant. She said that she'll always go there where she misses home because the food reminds her of her mom's cooking. So I decided to give it a try.

Went in at 2pm and the restaurant was full. Everyone seems local and it feels very authentic (not like one of these tourist traps). I had to wait for a table for appx 5 minutes but the waiters were nice and accommodating.

Ordered ribs with rice on the side and a pint of beer. Food came really quickly after my order and it is the BEST ribs I've had since I'm in Greece ( been traveling Greece for 3 weeks now). Food portion was quite big but I finished it anyway!

This restaurant may not be in the middle of all the tourist spots in The centre of Chania but it is only appx 12 mins walk away from the Venetian Harbour (centre). Believe me, It is worth the walk.

I paid €10 for the ribs and 1 Mug of beer.

Absolutely loved it!

Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

...... but for lunch this is the best! The food is excellent, the portions splendid, the service friendly and welcoming. This is where the locals eat their lunch and who can fault them. Get there before 1.45 or you may find it crowded out. There are tables outside in the back too though! In addition to the menu the bread and olives are great and the panacotta with its caramel drizzle offered at the end is the best in the whole town and their raki is far from being bad either!

As far value for money - my wife and I eat regularly for 25 euros - even less sometimes - and that includes the wine!