See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I've just came home from Kalithea Apartments where I stayed for a week and I have nothing but praise for the bar manager Nicos who is extremely friendly. I was travelling alone and brought my book to the bar and asked Nicos if I could have half a carafe of wine, intending to drink a glass at the bar and return to my room to drink the rest. I ended up spending the whole evening there and met some lovely people. I felt at home and as if I was spending time with my own family. Each evening I was able to go down by myself and always ended up speaking to Nicos, his friends and a lot of very friendly guests. My holiday was perfect because of this. Maria and Jan work tirelessly every day and are always very busy, yet always have a smile on their faces. They know the names of most of the guests staying there and always have time for a chat. The rooms are spacious and very clean and excellent value. You will be amazed when you open your patio doors for the first time and see the beautiful breathtaking view. I can honestly say I've never stayed anywhere with a more stunning view before. The apartments are set high up on a hill and look down to the sea.If you don't have transport you can easily get around as there are buses either side of the road immediately outside the hotel. Overall this has to rate as one of my best holidays ever and I met many guests there which I hope to see again on my return. If you are looking for a de-stress holiday this is the perfect location for you.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 16 which was on the top floor and had a beautiful view however I found out every room in these apartments had a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cathyvinelott
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I booked this place for a week and didn't know quite what to expect as it was so cheap to stay and only 2 star rated. The apartments are a bit dated and run down but spotlessly clean. The fridge and cooker were in working order. Our apartment was huge and also had air conditioning . The pool was lovely and cool and again spotlessly clean .As regards location it is on top of a hill a few kilometers outside of elouda with wonderful views. Agios Nicolios was very busy so we dined out at Elouda which was small and quaint with lots of beautiful fishing boats around the port and some great tavernas to eat at. Overall baring in mind this is budget accommodation I must say I really enjoyed staying here and it was exceptional value for money and unless you are a hotel snob you will enjoy your stay here and I will certainly consider staying there again on my next holiday. I would though strongly advise hiring a car so you can get about as its 5k down to Elouda village.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jim1974Godalming
Reviewed 31 May 2013

After a late arrival I was expecting the bar to be open so I could get a drink/food; however all was dark and a notice advised me of my apartment and gave details as to how to locate ... which took ages due to the many levels, sets of steps and lack of lights. I had a word with Nicos the next day and explained that I had had difficulty which he took on board. It being the start of the season, the place had not got into full swing, which is to be expected.

I must say however, after this, I found the most friendly guests and staff including the many-times mentioned Maria who is a delight and the lovely Jan, who both work tirelessly to get it right.
The location has wonderful views and if like me you don't drive, the bus stops outside to both Elounda (a half-hour walk downhill) and Aghios Nik. for 1 Euro 70 each way. The Ag. Nik. market is worth a visit; Elounda's is mainly fruit and veg. The Adrakos restaurant across the road is worth a visit. The staff are very welcoming and has lovely views of Elounda and the bay.

I had a super week, met lovely people and will come back again.

Room Tip: Every room seems to have a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mishmag
Reviewed 20 May 2013

stayed here for 1 week the appartments are clean and the reception and bar area were spotless the pool was cleaned every day all I can say is that the ones who leave a bad review need there heads looked at I had an enjoyable week maria works her socks off and nickos is also pleasant chap would recommend these apparments to anyone be aware if you are elderly as there are a few steps to the appartments

Room Tip: excellent restaurant across the road also try the peacock pub in elounda car or bike hire would be advisable
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank brian s
Reviewed 1 May 2013

when i first arrived i noticed the views. the views from the apartments are that beautiful each morning i woke up still gobsmacked. the staff are very so nice and happy to help you. youre in between two main town centres so there is always plenty of choice, hiring a car would be the best bet as it is a rather long walk, discovered that the first day. haha. i am as i type looking at holidays to Kalitha Apartments again as i loved the location so much. you only sleep at the apartments so you cant grumble that much. the area is fantastic! a must go just to see the scenery.

Room Tip: sea view, waking up too that after arriving at 2am in the morning were amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with CoopTravel
3  Thank lisa m