“Nice Souvlaki”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nothing really special. I would prefer the souvlaki to be a little more traditional. Nevertheless it was nicely cooked. The service is a little tricky especially if it is crowded. You better sit on the additional space since the normal one is always full and noisy.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I had my first lunch at Athens here, just jumped in fascinating by the great smell and the open kitchen.
I found out a perfect place to enjoy real greek food, chicken wrap with greek soup is absolutly amazing.
Alexandra is welcoming and serve you always with a big smile so you can feel like home.
Absolutely reasonable prices.
If you are lucky you can have a seat in the next door where there is a small room for guests
I strongly recommend this location!

1  Thank SunnyDay_103
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I go there whenever I'm in the Syntagma area. The original establishment was headed by a man, since retired, who always had a smile and served the tastiest kalamaki (skewered pork or chcken) at a great price and in a streetside venue with plenty of activity and people watching. The new facility has an expanded menu with some additions such as kebab and and a small indoor area next door. Prices are still incredibly reasonable and the staff is very friendly and smiling. I emphasize "smile" as that seems somewhat of a rarity in these days of financial crisis.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great meats for reasonable prices, always fresh and tasting same as first time. Staff perfect! Very clean!

1  Thank Vladimir C
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We made a second trip to En Athinais Alexandra because we thoroughly enjoyed our first experience. The gyros we had were so fresh and flavoursome, juicy and generous. Cooked over the hot coals unlike the electric type so commonly found in Athens. They are open 9am to 6pm and are just a short walk down from Syntagma Square. Both the chicken and pork were delicious. We highly recommend the place. The restaurant is clean and also offers cold water if required. Nice air conditioning too. No smoking inside was a very pleasant surprise and much appreciated.
Look up the address and make your way there, you won't be disappointed.