“Terrible. Avoid at all costs”
Review of Oasis Cafe

Oasis Cafe
Ranked #210 of 228 Coffee & Tea in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Syntagma
Description: Try a unique coffee experience from experienced barista with the signature of Buondi and Nestle.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. Increidibly expensive and waiters push to sell food. Went there for lunch and ended up spending 80 euros for two people. Food is not worth it. Avoid at all costs

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We had walked around the National Gardens and stopped here for lunch. I was only slightly hungry so thought I would have a small sandwich.

The waiter seated us and seemed to want us to order without seeing a menu so I said I wanted a SMALL sandwich to which he said chicken okay? I agreed and asked for a coffee as well.

I normally check out a place on here before I order but didn’t get time so I did while we waited. As you can see they have a lot of negative reviews and it made me think OMG how much is he going to charge for a small sandwich - then I saw it. A giant plate of sandwiches and fried. My other half then asked for the bill promptly saying I had only asked for something small. In fairness the food was brilliant and the nicest fries I have ever had. It was expensive though €18 for the sandwich and coffee but given the size I thought it was worth it I just wasn’t hungry enough for it.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Please do not go eat here! We dropped in for a coffee on a walk past. We had not looked at reviews, it was just a quick coffee. The waiter was so pushy trying to upsell. My friend was talked into ordering baklava. I declined to order any sweets or cake but my ‘no’ was argued with. The waiter then brought us 1 litre of mineral water we had not ordered, I refused it. The coffees and baklava came and were average but fine. ...Then the bill, €5.80 for each coffee and €11.80 for one serve of baklava. The day before ate a whole meal in central Athens for that price in another establishment. Upon receiving the bill I disagreed with the price but to no avail. I said they need to inform clientele that their sweets are the price of a steak on their menu. Paid and left, feeling taken advantage of. Do not go, they are not an honest business.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Maybe the worst experience in athens. It is too expensive and if you don t look at the check They charge you What They want

1  Thank Fernando S
Reviewed 5 February 2018

RAN AWAY if you are in Athens!! 2 burnt coffees for 11 euros. extremely expensive and bad coffees. You have so many options near by and with better service!