“Food heaven with a view”

Point a Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 2,841 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$51 - US$80
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: The roof top Bar-Restaurant of he Herodion hotel.A location that etches itself permanently into your repertoire of memorable experiences – Point a has it all. Phenomenal view. Sensational cocktails. Superior gastronomy. Admire the bar’s famed mixologists indulge in sublime alchemy, or linger a little longer to savour Point a’s scrumptiously innovative summer menu under the stars.
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

It’s rare to find a restaurant that delivers on several fronts; in this case the stunning roof top view of the Acropolis and the beautifully composed menu of Point A. We were impeccably looked after by the well-rehearsed waiting staff who guided us through the menu and kept a watchful eye over the service. The tuna salad to start for me and the moussaka with a modern twist for my partner were a superb entrée. As a main dish we shared a sublime lamb with sweet potato and baked garlic - Greek heaven! To end this amazing experience we finished with Churros and honey pie with white truffle. Definitely a must if you visit the Acropolis museum in Athens.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Didyouever

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Presentation is great, most of what I tried was quite delicious. Stuffed tomato was excellent! Greek salad was a tad odd: lots of cherry tomatoes, hardly any feta, sliced olives, and only cucumber curls.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

The food is very good, but you do get smaller portions than you would at another restaurant. They do try to time your dishes, so if you get an appetizer you will be asked if you are ready for the main course. If you are eating alone (like I did), the servers leave you alone and don't ask how anything is but if you are more than one person, then they will care a little more. I got the baked salmon which was pretty average. The dessert was very bland. It was tasteless jelly with rose ice cream on top. The appetizer was the best part which was a deep fried doughnut stuffed with cheese and drizzled with honey. These do not keep in the fridge and will become soggy. Their wine selections are all Greek wines and I recommend the Santorini wine if you like white wines.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

The view and the layout of the restaurant is great and they offer you blankets if its cold. But the food is fairly bland for what you get and the portions are small. The food is also quite expensive but I guess that you are paying for the view. The service is also very slow and I had to ask for our deserts after around 15 minutes of waiting, they then brought them immediately making me think that they have been left in the kitchen and just not brought out. Would I recommend it ? Given there are some superb places close by ie Ellevoro for much less money, no I would not.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

A little more casual than we expected. There were families with young children at 9:00 and couples in shorts in October. Food was reasonably priced and tasty, the service very good, but the real attraction is the view. Really spectacular.