“Grate Value of Money!”

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #52 of 284 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel during Christmas holidays. Our room was very tidy, the decoration was great and the staff very helpful and we actually felt like home. I've got to mention that the breakfast was really good and too much on the contrary of other hotel's we've been before.
Although the hotel is situated in one of the main central roads of Athens, we didn't find it that noisy. Really good value of money got to tell and we would recommend our friends to visit beautiful Athens and stay at this hotel!
Oh...I forgot to mention that the hotel owns an amazing bar in the ground floor where the music is great and the people who run that, Soteres and Thanasis (if I spelled that correctly) are very friendly. We had the chance to try the traditional rakomelo, a sweet aperitif , originated from Crete, among other Greek products ( wine, beer etc.) accompanied by free "meze" (snacks). In addition, we were offered a complimentary coupon for a welcome drink at the bar, which we found it a great idea! We spent the entire night at this lovely bar, and we really loved it!
Thank you all for your really nice hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Mary, we just hope that you will visit us again and have chance to taste our new "meze". Thank you for your great review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were in Athens for business trip and I choose this hotel because if very close to pedestrian zone a well as because of price. Hotel is nice, but it is on the main street, so it is very noisy during night. Rooms are nice and the breakfast is poor and it is held in basement of hotel. Parking place is big problem, especially because it is free and there is no space. But there are 2 parking garages behind the hotel. Anyway it is very good for a price we paid.

Room Tip: try with one on side street view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear guest, all of us really appreciate your review and hope to see you soon not only for business!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We had a hard time locating the entrance at first when we were dropped off by the taxi driver. The entrance was made up off steel doors (looked like a decor than a door) . It was not automatic.
My niece ( 13 years old) really , really liked the bed/room . As if she's in a loft all by herself. She liked the decorations and felt like a princess. The only problem was that she had to bend her head because the ceiling is low.
For myself, I think the decorations were a little bit "tacky". My sister -in law like the freshly squeezed oranges (done by herself). My brother said the food was just ok. There was no variety. We stayed for 5 days 4 nights. We ate breakfast for 3 days. The food was the same .
We really appreciate Andreea who booked our excursions in Greece without any problems. She gave us good directions that we were able to navigate Athens (center) with out any incidents. She also booked us a very nice taxi driver for our return to the airport . It made us feel safe and secure. Unlike when we first arrived; we got a taxi at the airport. We were afraid where we will end up.I would also like to thank Lena (I hope I got her name right). She explained everything to us before we checked it. The "night guy", I forgot his name; was also nice when we checked out. The housekeepers were all nice and our rooms were kept clean. The beds were also comfortable. May I suggest though to have another "trash can " in the room. We have only one trash can (a very small one) in the bathroom. For 4 people, it is not enough.
Over all, our stay was very enjoyable. It was worth it (for the price we paid).Greece is a beautiful country.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear guest, all of us really appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

The quality of the service was excellent. The receptionists were very friendly and quite helpful. They were able to answer all my questions, gave me suggestions regarding local cafes, and always greeted me if I was coming or going. The housekeeping were very nice and hospitable and always said good morning. The location you cannot beat it. For the amount that you pay and what you receive to me is amazing. The hotel is nice, the bed is very comfortable, the room size was great for a single woman. The breakfast is your typical European that is supposed to get you started in the morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mika S

Dear guest, we really appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in one of the rooms on the top floor. Great location but poor services incl breakfast. Special mention to the ladies at the fromt desk who were very helpful at all times. If you arent tight on budget, should seriously consider spending more on some other hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karanbhagi
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for you kind review and hope to see you soon!