US$193
Savings alert! 55% below average rates

The price you found is 55% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$427/night.

US$257
US$199
US$211
US$205
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

US$204
US$72
US$415
US$395
1,831 results
All reviewshadrian's archan executive suiteregular suiteperfect locationsmall kitchenetteseparate bedroomwithin walking distancethe hotel staffplaka districtquiet streetmajor sitesancient sitesnew acropolis museumroom was spaciouszeus templerestaurants and shopswonderful hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We were a group of 10 and took 3 rooms (2 quads and 1 double). The rooms were large, even by US standards. The quads were the size of a large suite style room. The double was also very large. All had kitchenettes, which we didn't really use, but could be convenient for some. The staff was warm, welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful on all issues. The location in the Plaka was perfect, with street side balconies just below the Acropolis and above Hayden's Arch. (No street noise issues.) Easy to get to on the bus or the subway. The lobby is not fancy, but is nice, clean and functional. They have a computer for internet access in the lobby which is very helpful for flight confirmation and check in. If I return to Athens, this is the first hotel I will consider.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HInes57Irvine_CA
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel really deserves its number 1 rating. The location can't be beat - you're close to everything important and good restaurants too. The rooms are big and clean and all the staff we met were helpful and charming - making us feel right at home. Excellent breakfast too!

Reviewed 24 May 2009

This was my second stay at this Hotel. My previous stay was in Nov 2008, right during the week of the riots. The hotel staff remembered me and made me feel at home since the moment I arrived until the moment I left. This time I traveled with a colleague and he was also very well impressed with their warmth, friendliness, and professionalism.

The location is simply excellent, in a very quiet street, in the Plaka District, right next to the Handrian's Arch, and within walking distance from the Acropolis Metro Station, the Acropolis itself, restaurant, shops, etc, etc.

The standard rooms are very spacious, and include the bed, sofa, TV, kitchenette and a dinning table with two chairs. The bed and the rest of the furniture is comfortable. The suites are huge, and from the terraces you can see the Acropolis. For my needs (solo traveler) the standard room was more than enough, and it faced a patio between buildings, which made it very quiet.

There's a nice size desk and high speed internet access (ethernet wire) included in the price of the room, and they tell me that they are planning to add WiFi in the near future. If you need a longer ethernet wire and/or a splice they will lend you one at the front desk.

Best Regards to all the Staff of the AVA Hotel Athens.
I look forward to going back and to seeing you as soon as my trips take me to Athens. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank flmiami
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Once again we stayed at the Ava were not disappointed. It's a great place to kick off your holiday. When you arrive tired from the airport from the long haul flight it's nice to have a friendly face behind the desk, then they arrived a few minutes after check-in with champagne and chocolates, nice touch! The breakfast is very good and great way to start your active day. You can walk to all the sights, great restaurants around the corner, it's an easy walk to Syntagma square with your luggage if you are taking the bus to airport (metro not running at the moment), subway just around the corner for easy getting around. But it's the friendly staff that will keep us coming back. So, until next time, cheers!

1  Thank Philly413
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I booked the hotel on the strength of the reviews on tripadvisor. It was for the final night of my honeymoon after a cruise which docked in Athens.

I loved the location, the hotel was spotless and reception staff were friendly and helpful. Maybe it's because of our beleaguered pound at the moment, but I couldn't help but feeling the hotel wasn't excellent value for money - particularly when put up against some of the hotels and deals available on some holiday websites.

The emphasis on the room is purely on the functional (which it was perfectly), but there are very little frills and the decor is plain. Personally, I would have rated it as a good 3 rather than 4 star hotel.

It's the perfect destination depending on your trip, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to otehr honeymooning couples.

1  Thank Denzil6